Proposed Goldcorp and Newmont combination receives Investment Canada Act approval
Published by Claire Cuddihy,
Global Mining Review,
Goldcorp Inc. (Goldcorp) has announced that Newmont Mining Corporation (Newmont) has received Investment Canada Act approval in connection with the previously-announced plan of arrangement (the Arrangement), whereby Newmont will acquire all outstanding common shares of Goldcorp. The arrangement has previously received shareholder approval and clearance under the Competition Act (Canada). No further regulatory or shareholder approvals are required in connection with the Arrangement.
Newmont and Goldcorp expect the transaction to close on 18 April 2019, subject the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
Immediately upon the closing of this transaction, the combined entity will be called Newmont Goldcorp, and is expected to:
- Target 6 - 7 million oz of steady-state gold production over a decades-long time horizon;
- Begin delivering a combined CAN$365 million in expected annual pre-tax synergies, supply chain efficiencies and Full Potential improvements representing CAN$4.4 billion in Net Present Value (pre-tax);
- Have the largest gold Reserves and Resources in the gold sector, including on a per share basis;
- Be located in favourable mining jurisdictions and prolific gold districts on four continents;
- Deliver the highest dividend among senior gold producers;
- Offer financial flexibility and an investment-grade balance sheet to advance the most promising projects at an Internal Rate of Return (IRR) of at least 15%;
- Feature a deep bench of accomplished business leaders, technical teams and other talent with extensive mining industry experience; and
- Maintain industry leadership in environmental, social and governance performance.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/finance-business/15042019/proposed-goldcorp-and-newmont-combination-receives-investment-canada-act-approval/
You might also like
Rainbow Rare Earths’ Phalaborwa pilot plant commences operations
The mixed rare earth sulphate solids produced by the pilot plant front end at Mintek will be shipped to the USA to undergo further downstream processing in the pilot plant back end, in order to deliver separated magnet rare earth oxides.