Total metals and mining industry deals for August 2019 worth US$1.87 billion were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 55.2% over the previous month and a drop of 67.5% when compared with the last 12 month average of US$5.74 billion.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 10.7% over the last 12 month average with 100 deals against the average of 112 deals.
In value terms, Asia Pacific led the activity with deals worth US$928.87m.
Metals and mining industry deals in August 2019: Top deals
The top five metals and mining deals accounted for 67.2% of the overall value during August 2019.
The combined value of the top five metals and mining deals stood at US$1.26 billion, against the overall value of US$1.87 billion recorded for the month.
The top five metals and mining industry deals of August 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Al Ezz Dekheila Steel’s US$423.78 million acquisition of Al Ezz Flat Steel.
- The US$299.47 million acquisition of Stanmore Coal by Winfield Group Investments.
- Jiangsu Fuda Enterprise Investment Limited’s US$277 million acquisition of Haicheng Haiming Mining Limited.
- The US$130.09 million acquisition of Echo Resources by Northern Star Resources.
- Al Ezz Dekheila Steel’s acquisition of Al Ezz Rolling Mills for US$124.85 million.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/finance-business/14102019/metals-and-mining-industry-deals-in-august-2019-total-us187-billion-globally/