According to GlobalData’s deals database, M&A (mergers and acquisitions) deals in the global metals and mining industry totalled US$6.98 billion in 3Q19.
The value marked an increase of 48.2% over the previous quarter and a drop of 64.6% when compared with the last four quarter average, which stood at US$19.91 billion.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth US$3.27 billion. At the country level, China topped the list in terms of deal value at US$2.48 billion.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for metals and mining industry M&A deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of M&A deals activity in 3Q19 was Canada with 82 deals, followed by Australia with 62 and the US with 38.
In 2019, as of the end of 3Q19, metals and mining M&A deals worth US$36.46 billion were announced globally, marking a decrease of 55.1% year on year.
The top five metals and mining industry M&A deals accounted for 40.04% of the overall value during 3Q19.The combined value of the top five deals stood at US$2.79 billion, against the overall value of US$6.98 billion recorded for the month.
The top five deals of 3Q19 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Liberty House Group’s US$841.11 million asset transaction with ArcelorMittal
- The US$658.99 million acquisition of Maanshan Iron & Steel Limited by Baosteel Hong Kong Investment Limited
- Beijing Haohua Energy Resource’s US$442.81 million acquisition of Ningxia Hongdunzi Coal Industry
- The US$428 million acquisition of Acacia Mining by Barrick Gold
- Al Ezz Dekheila Steel’s acquisition of Al Ezz Flat Steel for US$423.78 million
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/finance-business/11122019/figures-announced-for-metals-and-mining-industry-3q19-ma-deals/
You might also like
Metso has signed a contract for the delivery of a new copper concentrator to be built in Kazakhstan, including grinding, flotation, and dewatering equipment.