Canada’s metals & mining industry saw a drop of 17.5% in overall deal activity during September 2019, when compared with the last 12 month average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
A total of 33 deals worth US$383.35 million were announced in September 2019, compared to the 12 month average of 40 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 28 deals which accounted for 84.9% of all deals, followed by private equity with five deals which accounted for 15.1% of overall deal activity in the country’s metals and mining industry.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in Canada’s metals and mining industry with total deals worth US$368.39 million, followed by private equity deals totalled US$14.96 million.
Canada metals and mining industry deals in September 2019: Top deals
The top five metals and mining industry deals accounted for 94.6% of the overall value during September 2019.
The combined value of the top five metals and mining deals stood at US$362.7 million, against the overall value of US$383.35 million recorded for the month.
The top five metals and mining industry deals of September 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Osisko Gold Royalties’ US$254.73 million acquisition of Barkerville Gold Mines.
- The US$53.08 million acquisition of Core Gold by Titan Minerals.
- Pretium Exploration’s US$41.3 million asset transaction with Osisko Bermuda.
- The US$7.55 million acquisition of Legendary Ore Mining by Lakefield Marketing.
- RCF VI CAD’s private equity deal with NorZinc for US$6.04 million.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/finance-business/06112019/canadas-metals-and-mining-industry-sees-a-drop-of-175-in-deal-activity-in-september-2019/