Tlou Energy Limited has announced that it has appointed Velseis Pty Ltd (Velseis), an experienced seismic survey contractor, to undertake a fully funded seismic survey for both its 100% owned Lesedi CBM Project (Lesedi) and the adjacent Mamba Permit.
- 250 km 2D seismic programme targeted to commence 3Q17.
- Target areas considered to be highly prospective for the addition of Gas Reserves Results will facilitate location of vertical drill holes to further confirm Gas volumes in the ground.
- Aim to increase Gas Reserves at both the Lesedi and Mamba projects.
- Positive results will further de-risk the Lesedi project.
- Results will facilitate location of vertical drill holes to further confirm Gas volumes in the ground.
Tlou's Managing Director Tony Gilby said, "Tlou is extremely pleased to be working with Velseis, a company with significant seismic experience. This survey will give us the opportunity to expand our Gas Reserves and Resources as we progress towards developing the first CBM gas to power project in Botswana.
The seismic survey will assist in the next step of our plan to drill more wells by providing us with enhanced knowledge of the sub-surface in our project areas.
Results from subsequent core well analysis may also lead to further Gas Reserve and Resources and consequently add further value to Tlou. We look forward to updating the market as the seismic programme progresses."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/31052017/tlou-appoints-seismic-survey-contractor/