IronRidge Resources Ltd, an African focused minerals exploration company, has announced additional high-grade drill intersections at the Zaranou Project in Côte d'Ivoire, West Africa. The license borders with Ghana and is along strike from significant operating gold (Au) mines including Chirano (5 million oz Au), Bibiani (5.5 million oz Au) and Ahafo (17 million oz Au).
- Additional high-grade reverse circulation (RC) and aircore (AC) drilling results received for 4 m composites over the Mbasso, Ehuasso and Yakassé targets.
- Significant mineralisation potential confirmed at the Mbasso target in initial AC results as well as ongoing results received at the Ehuasso and Yakassé targets, including highlights at greater than 10 g/m (grade g/t multiplied by interval length m) reported at a 0.1 g/t Au cut-off and maximum 4 m of internal dilution:
- ZAAC1112: 4 m at 21.4 g/t Au from 24 m.
- ZAAC0979: 12 m at 6.1 g/t Au from 36 m including 4 m at 17.9 g/t Au.
- ZAAC0807: 52 m at 0.4 g/t Au from surface.
- ZAAC1026: 12 m at 1.5 g/t Au from 48 m including 4 m at 3.3 g/t Au.
- ZAAC0952: 4 m at 4 g/t from 60 m.
- ZAAC1093: 36 m at 0.4 g/t from 0 m.
- ZAAC1004: 32 m at 0.4 g/t from 0 m.
- ZAAC1106: 39 m at 0.3 g/t from 8 m including 4m at 1.2 g/t.
- ZAAC1000: 8 m at 1.4 g/t from 36 m including 4 m at 1.5 g/t and 4 m at 1.4 g/t.
- ZAAC1039: 12 m at 0.9 g/t from 48 m including 4 m at 2.5 g/t.
- ZAAC1121: 18 m at 0.6 g/t from 40 m including 4 m at 1.2 g/t.
- ZARC0100: 36 m at 3.7 g/t from 124 m including 4 m at 1.4 g/t, 4 m at 6.9 g/t and 4 m at 23.01 g/t.
- ZARC0126: 36 m at 0.5 g/t from 132 m including 4 m at 1.9 g/t and 4 m at 1 g/t.
- ZARC0107: 64 m at 0.5 g/t from 40 m including 4 m at 2.4 g/t and 4 m at 1.8 g/t.
- ZARC0121: 24 m at 0.9 g/t from 68 m including 4 m at 1.2 g/t, 4 m at 1.7 g/t and 4 m at 1.4 g/t.
- ZARC0121: 12 m at 1.4 g/t from 232 m including 4 m at 2 g/t and 4 m at 2.2 g/t.
- ZARC0111: 32 m at 0.4 g/t from 148 m including 4 m at 1.4 g/t.
- New intersections reported at Mbasso have confirmed mineralisation over 2.1 km of strike with up to five mineralised structures interpreted; part of the broader 8 km long Mbasso-Coffee Bean-Ehuasso mineralised corridor.
- 51 539 m AC and RC drilling programme now completed across the Mbasso, Ehuasso, Ebilassokro and Yakassé targets and a further three hole 645 m diamond drilling (DD) programme completed at Ehuasso for geology, density and twinning of RC holes with assay results pending.
Vincent Mascolo, CEO of IronRidge, said: "Ongoing results from the current drilling programme have confirmed significant mineralisation potential at the Mbasso target.
"Our 'early ounces' strategy continues to target weathered oxide mineralisation, with initial observations suggesting it continues to average depths of 50 m and up to 90 m, which we believe is indicative of simple mining and processing at low operational and capital costs.
"With only 12 km of the 47 km of identified strike having been drill tested to date, an additional 8 km strike of hard-rock artisanal workings and 27 km of soil anomalies remain untested, with the potential to deliver a pipeline of further discoveries along this considerable mineralised structure.
"The AC and RC drilling is now complete across the Mbasso, Ehuasso, Ebilassokro and Yakassé targets for a total of 51 539 m in addition to a 645 m DD programme completed at the Ehuasso target for geology, density and twinning of select RC holes for resource estimation."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/30032021/ironridge-resources-reports-additional-drill-results/