Ariana Resources plc, an AIM-listed exploration and development company operating in Europe, has announced recent resource drilling results obtained from the Arzu North area of the Kiziltepe Mine. Kiziltepe is part of the Zenit Madencilik San. ve Tic. A.S. joint venture (JV) with Proccea Construction Co. and Ozaltin Holding A.S. and is 23.5% owned by Ariana.
- Over 450 m of potentially open-pittable extensions confirmed for the Arzu North area, with significant opportunity to expand strike of the vein system to 900 m.
- New significant intercepts within the Arzu North vein system along strike include:
- 20 m at 2.18 g/t gold (Au) and 55.2 g/t silver (Ag).
- 13.1 m at 1.89 g/t Au and 28.2 g/t Ag.
- 14 m at 1.47 g/t Au and 23.7 g/t Ag.
- Revised JORC Exploration Target for Arzu Far North now includes an additional 7000 – 25 000 oz of Au and 150 000 – 520 000 oz of Ag, representing a >350% increase, and demonstrates the opportunity to add a further year of mine life to Kiziltepe.
Dr Kerim Sener, Managing Director, commented: "This is an excellent set of results from the recent drilling at Arzu North. Collectively, these results confirm the potential to extend the Arzu North opencast both to the northwest and to the southeast. A revised JORC Exploration Target based on these results demonstrates the opportunity to add a further year of mine life to the Kiziltepe operation, which would take production through to at least 2026.
"With further additions to resources and reserves expected in the coming years across the other vein systems at Kiziltepe, the operation remains well on target to reach a full decade of operational life. Meanwhile, production remains above target for the year to date, with ample stockpiled material available for the process plant expansion which remains on plan for commencement from 2H21."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/29042021/ariana-resources-announces-arzu-north-drilling-results/