Redstar Gold Corp. today announces drill results from its 2017 Spring/Summer Exploration Program, at the 100% controlled Unga Gold Project in Alaska.
The final assay results have been compiled, which are based on the programme that recorded approximately 600 soil samples, the completion of a 15.5 km MAG and 8.7 km IP geophysical survey, as well as a twelve drill hole programme totalling 2 287.8 m of HQ and NQ diamond drilling.
Redstar has said that the 2017 summer exploration drill programme was focused on initially testing and reviewing the geological model over a distance of an additional 400m to the southwest of the known Shumagin Gold Zone, which currently strikes over approximately 950m. currently the Company has significantly more drilling information that it will apply to its updated geological model and assist in the understanding of the controls that guide the mineralisation. This model will be used towards a follow-up drill program to commence in in the next 4 to 6 weeks.
Highlights from the results included:
- Drilling intersected the targeted Shumagin-style breccia structure in 10 out of 12 drill holes.
- Visible gold-bearing stockwork encountered in drill hole 17SH032 is identical to gold-bearing stockwork intercepted in drill holes 16SH019 (370m to the NE) and 11SH010 (750m to the NE).
- Geological interpretation provides a strong indication for the potential of high-grade mineralization located at depth below the similar Shumagin structure identified in multiple holes within the SW Extension Zone.
- The Shumagin Gold Zone has been expanded by drilling approximately 400m towards the southwest for a total of approximately 1,350m of strike length and remains open.
- 17SH034 intersected 2.2m @ 9.9 g/t gold & 29.3 g/t silver
- 17SH033 intersected 0.7m @ 5.7 g/t gold & 30.0 g/t silver
- Results from the 2017 soil sample program has identified multiple new target areas that exhibit similar geochemical signatures to the Shumagin Gold Zone (Au, Ag, Zn, Pb, Cu).
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/28082017/redstart-gold-corp-announces-exploration-drill-sample-results-from-the-unga-gold-project/