IronRidge Resources announces final drilling results
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
IronRidge Resources Ltd, an African focused minerals exploration company, has reported final high-grade drilling results from the second phase drilling programme at the Ebilassokro and Ehuasso targets, both within the Zaranou Gold Project area. The license borders with Ghana and is along strike from significant operating gold mines including Chirano (5 million oz), Bibiani (5.5 million oz) and Ahafo (17 million oz).
- Final high-grade reverse circulation (RC) and aircore (AC) drilling results (from the previously reported 4 m composites on 17 September 2020) received for the remaining 1m primary samples over the Ehuasso target, including highlights reported at a 0.1g/t cut-off and maximum 1 m of internal dilution:
- 5 m at 33.63 g/t from 138 m in hole ZARC0013.
- 14 m at 4.67 g/t from 46 m in hole ZARC0022.
- 9 m at 4.16 g/t from 81 m in hole ZARC0019.
- 24 m at 1.14 g/t from 12 m in hole ZAAC0427.
- 7 m at 3.44 g/t from 52 m in hole ZARC0016.
- 4 m at 5.77 g/t from 56 m in hole ZAAC0410.
- Mineralisation continuity now confirmed over a 1.7 km strike at the Ehuasso Main target, with mineralisation open to the south-west and at depth; follow-up Phase 3 infill RC drilling now underway.
- Final AC drilling results (from the previously reported 4 m composites on 17 September 2020) received for 1 m primary samples over the Ebilassokro target, including highlights reported at a 0.1g/t cut-off and maximum 4 m of internal dilution:
- 3 m at 5.02 g/t from 21 m in hole ZAAC0491.
- 4 m at 2.06 g/t from 44 m in hole ZAAC0477.
- 21 m at 0.39 g/t from 17 m in hole ZAAC0543.
- 17 m at 0.2 g/t from 20 m in hole ZAAC0541.
- All results now received for the second phase drill programme where a total of 20 312 m of AC in 404 holes and 2077 m of RC in 12 holes was completed.
- Third phase 50 000 m RC and AC drilling programme now well underway with three drill rigs active on site at the Ehuasso, Ebilassokro, Yakassé, Mbasso and Coffee Bean targets.
Commenting on the company's latest progress, Vincent Mascolo, CEO of IronRidge, said: "Zaranou continues to deliver for the company, with all second phase drilling results now received for a total programme consisting of 22 389 m of combined AC and RC drilling.
"Ehuasso Main is our most advanced target area with mineralisation continuity now defined in 160 m spaced AC and RC drill traverses over 1.7 km strike and up to 70 m of apparent thickness, drilled to a maximum vertical depth of 100 m which remains open along strike and at depth.
"Drilling to date at Ehuasso has intersected both narrow high-grade and broad low-grade intervals within both weathered and fresh zones. Our early ounces strategy is to target weathered oxide mineralisation, with initial observations suggesting it continues to average depths of 50 m and up to 90 m, suggesting simple mining and processing at low operational and capital costs.
"Encouraging results have also been returned at the Ebilassokro target where heel to toe AC traverses along existing tracks have intersected high-grade mineralisation including 5 m at 270.5 g/t at surface within a high-priority soil anomaly exploration target.
"With only 12 km of 47 km of potential strike having been drill tested to date, we have already uncovered three exciting target zones – Ehuasso, Yakassé and Ebilassokro with additional targets M'Basso and Coffee Bean/Super Pit – complementing an additional untested 8 km strike of hard-rock artisanal workings and 27 km of untested soil anomalies to deliver a pipeline of further discoveries.
"The third phase 50 000 m combined AC and RC programme is now well underway with three drill rigs active on site."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/27102020/ironridge-resources-announces-final-drilling-results/
You might also like
Epiroc wins large order for mining equipment in Democratic Republic of the Congo
The Epiroc Scooptram ST14 loader is part of the order by JCHX Mining and Construction.