Altus Strategies Plc has announced further encouraging results from the recently completed 10 308 m reverse circulation (RC) drilling programme at its 100% owned Diba gold project located in western Mali. Diba hosts a shallow-dipping, near-surface gold deposit (the Diba deposit) and several other prospect areas.
- Completion of 10 308 m RC drilling programme at Diba gold project in western Mali.
- Further encouraging intersections from Diba Deposit, including (intersections are down-the-hole and not true widths):
- 43.83 g/t gold (Au) over 5 m from surface.
- 11.03 g/t Au over 3 m from 37 m.
- 2.11 g/t Au over 14 m from 21 m.
- Diba deposit extended by 100 m to the west with near surface lenses intersected.
- Approximately 25% of the assay results from the drilling programme are pending.
- Follow up drilling at the Diba Deposit and other prospects is being planned.
- The current mineral resource estimate (MRE) for the Diba deposit comprises:
- 4 834 000 t at 1.39 g/t Au for 217 000 oz in the indicated category.
- 5 479 000 t at 1.06 g/t Au for 187 000 oz in the inferred category.
- Diba is strategically located in a world-famous gold belt that hosts numerous opencast mines.
Steven Poulton, Chief Executive of Altus, commented: "We are delighted to report on further highly encouraging results from the recently completed 10 308 m RC drilling programme at the Diba gold deposit in western Mali. The results include 43.83 g/t Au over 5 m from surface, from a drill hole designed to test a modelled northeast trending high-grade zone. We are also encouraged by intercepts outside the current MRE envelope, including 11.03 g/t Au over 3 m from 37 m, which may potentially extend the mineralised zone by approximately 100 m to the west.
"Results are currently pending from 33 holes that have been drilled at a number of prospects outside of the current MRE. Our technical team is reviewing the data received to date and planning a ground magnetic survey which will commence shortly and be used to guide the next phase of drilling. We look forward to updating shareholders in due course."
Diba Project: drilling programme
The RC drilling programme was completed by Capital Drilling Ltd and comprises a total of 10 308 m over 114 holes. A total of 4932 m was drilled (over 57 holes) in and around the Diba Deposit testing potential up dip, down dip and along strike extensions, as well as infilling areas within the MRE envelope to increase the resource confidence. A further 5376 m was drilled to test a number of prospects located within 3 km of the Diba deposit. All the drill holes were drilled at -60° inclination and ranged between 50 m to 270 m in length. Drilling has been orientated perpendicular to the strike of the Diba deposit and the interpreted structural orientation of the target areas.
The programme was designed to:
- Testing potential extensions of the Diba MRE envelope.
- Increase the resource confidence of the MRE including the NE trending high grade zone.
- Test the potential for mineralisation at five surrounding prospects within 3 km of that part of the Diba deposit subject to the MRE.
- Provide QAQC support for the Diba deposit model.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/26012021/altus-strategies-announces-additional-drilling-results-at-diba-project/