Lexington Gold, a gold exploration and development company with projects in North and South Carolina, USA, has provided an update on its ongoing operational activities.
- Drilling contract signed for 5000 m reverse circulation (RC) drill programme with FTE Drilling, a highly experienced international drilling company headquartered in Canada.
- Drill rig and crew currently scheduled to arrive on site during the week commencing 20 September 2021.
- Drilling will be conducted on the Carolina Belle Project and Jones-Keystone-Loflin (JKL) Project (both Loflin and Jones-Keystone deposits).
- All requisite environmental submissions for the preparation of the drill sites and the drill programme are currently being prepared and the environmental approvals are expected prior to the commencement of drilling.
- Core Geophysics in Perth, Australia, has completed its modelling and interpretation of the geophysical data for both JKL and Carolina Belle, with the drill targets generated for both projects included in the RC drilling programme for testing.
- Pivot Mining Consultants Pty Ltd has completed its geological interpretation and data verification for the Loflin deposit. Pivot is currently assisting with planning certain drill locations for incorporation in the Phase 2 RC drilling programme at Loflin.
- A maiden resource estimate for the south-western (Loflin) side of the JKL Project is expected to be received from Pivot in the coming weeks once their resource and 3D modelling process has been completed.
Bernard Olivier, Lexington Gold's CEO, commented: “We are pleased to provide this update on our ongoing activities, particularly on progress made at Carolina Belle and JKL. The team is encouraged by the potential for both of these projects, and is optimistic about moving them up the value chain as soon as possible.
“The planned 5000 m drill programme signed with FTE Drilling is an excellent marker of our progress. The programme will focus on drilling at the Carolina Belle and JKL projects, in order to further our understanding of the highly prospective nature of Carolina Belle and to potentially expand the upcoming maiden resource estimate at JKL.
“The guidance received from Core Geophysics and expected completion of Pivot's 3D modelling to deliver a maiden resource estimate for JKL are also highly encouraging developments. We look forward to updating the market further in due course.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/25082021/lexington-gold-provide-operational-update/