Condor Gold provides Mestiza Open Pit drill update
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Condor Gold has announced that the first phase of infill drilling of 39 drill holes for 3371.58 m using diamond core drilling has been completed on the Mestiza Open Pit and all assay results received. The results of the infill drilling are consistent with previous drilling grades and widths, demonstrating good continuity in gold mineralisation between adjacent drill holes in the high grade zones and add confidence to the geological model. The total drilling programme on Mestiza Open Pit is approximately 7800 m, Two drill rigs are operating on site, the drilling should be completed within six weeks. The primary objective of the drill programme is to convert the inferred mineral resource to a higher level of confidence indicated mineral resource for inclusion in an economic mineral reserve and prepare the permitted Mestiza Open Pit for extraction.
- Drill hole LIDC514: 4.1 m true width at 15.23 g/t gold from 47.80, approximately 40 m below surface.
- Drill hole LIDC471: 3.6 m true width at 29.1 g/t gold from 105.70 m, approximately 85 m below surface.
- Assay results demonstrate good continuity in gold mineralisation between adjacent drill holes in the high grade zones and add confidence to the geological model.
- The total drilling programme on Mestiza Open Pit is approximately 7800 m, two drill rigs are operating on site, the drilling should be completed within six weeks.
- Mestiza Open Pit has currently estimated fully diluted feed mill feed in the September 2021 PEA of 499 000 t at 5.37g/t gold for 86 000 oz gold and is targeted for early extraction.
Mark Child, Chairman and CEO, commented: “I am delighted with the initial results of the 7800 m infill drilling programme on our permitted high grade Mestiza Open Pit, which is targeted for early production. The high grade drill intercepts announced today of 4.1 m true width at 15.23 g/t gold and 3.6 m true width at 29.1 g/t gold, approximately 40 m and 85 m respectively below surface may add to our mineral resource inventory at Mestiza and possibly improve the project’s economics, although this will only be confirmed at the conclusion of this drilling campaign. The September 2021 PEA estimated the Mestiza Open Pit can currently deliver a fully diluted mill feed of 499 000 t at 5.37 g/t gold for 86 000 oz gold. The tighter drill spacing has delivered relatively shallow, high grade drill intercepts which add considerable confidence to the existing monthly mine schedules.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/24092021/condor-gold-provides-mestiza-open-pit-drill-update/
You might also like
Kazera Global publishes interim results
The results include the disposal of African Tantalum for cash consideration of US$13 million and the welcoming of new major shareholder, African Mineral Sands.