Resgen has release a statement of coal resources and coal reserves.
The measured and indicated tonnes of 664.2 million t have increased to 994.81 million t. This is attributable to an increase in the Measured Resource Area as a result of additional drilling.
The Marketable Coal Reserves have reduced from 430.6 million t to 267.09 million t and are now based on:
- Ann export quality product with an average of 14% ash and an average 25.73 MJ/kg calorific value determined on an Air Dried (AD) basis.
- A domestic power station product with an average 19.5 MJ/kg calorific value and an average 31.43 % ash determined on an AD basis.
- The export quality product has an average yield of 23.68% and the domestic power station product has an average yield of 19.61 %. This equates to an overall average yield of 43.3%.
The run of mine (ROM) of 616.85 million t equates to a life of mine in excess of 40 years at an annual production rate of 15.12 million t and sales for a similar period at a rate of 6.55 million tpy (Production Target). The material assumptions on which this Production Target is based are:
- Open pit truck and shovel terrace operation.
- Minimum coal seam/mining height thickness of 0.5 m.
- Dual product mine applying a minimum total yield cut off of 24%.
- Appropriate pit slope angles (overall 450).
- Appropriate mining recovery factors, dilution and contamination.
- Beneficiation of the coal for a dual product in a high density beneficiation plant and applying appropriate plant factors.
The Inferred Coal Resources and Coal Reserves for Ledjadja #1 and Ledjadja #2 and the Coal Resources for Waterberg #1 will be subject to review.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/24012017/resgen-releases-coal-resources-statement/