Victory stakes Black Diablo Property in Nevada
Published by Will Owen,
Global Mining Review,
Victory Resources Corporation has staked the Black Diablo Property in Nevada to complement its interests in the nearby Loner Property.
“Victory geologists identified the Black Diablo opportunity when they were on the ground in Nevada preparing to drill the Loner property,” said David Lane, Victory CEO. “We seized the opportunity to stake the claims in order to add Black Diablo to Victory’s portfolio, leveraging our crew and infrastructure as the Loner property is poised for drilling to begin.”
- Victory staked 16 claims south of Winnemucca and filed the work with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
- The claims cover approximately 4 miles ENE of Victory’s Loner Property.
- The Black Diablo Property is exploring for volcanogenic Massive sulphide (VMS) copper deposits in the same belt of rocks as Nevada Sunrise Gold Corp's Coronada VMS Project immediately to the south.
- The Big Mike Copper Mine is on the Coronada Property, about 10 miles south of the Black Diablo Property.
- The Big Mike Copper Mine produced about 25 million pounds of copper in 100 000 t of ore grading 10.5% copper, which was shipped directly to a smelter in West Germany. Ranchers also carried out heap leaching on the lower-grade disseminated copper ore, treating about 300 000 t of mineralised rock.
The close proximity of the Black Diablo to the Loner Property allows for cost effective evaluation of the Black Diablo while crews are in the area. The receipts confirming that the claims have been accepted are pending.
The Black Diablo Property hosts the Black Diablo Manganese Oxide Mine. Regarding manganese oxide deposits, the USGS notes that (in the Winnemucca, Nevada area) “permissive and favourable tracts coincide with those of the Cyprus massive sulfide deposits.” The Mineral Resource Data System entry for the Black Diablo deposit reports a sample containing 10 000 ppm copper. Franciscan type manganese oxide deposits commonly contain trace copper. As this is an anomalously high amount of Cu for a manganese oxide deposit, it may indicate the area is particularly prospective for Cyprus style VMS deposits such as the Big Mike.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/23032021/victory-stakes-black-diablo-property-in-nevada/
You might also like
Kazera Global publishes interim results
The results include the disposal of African Tantalum for cash consideration of US$13 million and the welcoming of new major shareholder, African Mineral Sands.