Ariana Resources plc, an AIM-listed mineral exploration and development company with joint venture (JV) gold mining operations in Europe, has announced a drilling and resource update for the Kepez North area of the Kiziltepe Sector. Kepez North is part of the Zenit Madencilik San. ve Tic. A.S. (Zenit) JV with Proccea Construction Co. and Ozaltin Holding A.S. and is 23.5% owned by Ariana.
- Resource contains approximately 36 400 oz of gold (Au) and 329 400 oz of silver (Ag).
- 97% increase in contained gold ounces over previous resource estimate (2020) and a 310% increase over the feasibility study resource (2013).
- Significant positive increase in average grade to 7.14 g/t Au and 64.65 g/t Ag.
- Substantially improved classification of the resource to approximately 86% measured and 14% indicated.
- New pit optimisation study now complete and area is being advanced through further permitting.
Dr Kerim Sener, Managing Director, commented: “This is a great outcome from the recent drilling undertaken in the Kepez area. We remain highly encouraged by this area as a potential source of very high-grade mineralisation, which can complement the mill-feed of the Kiziltepe processing plant, which is located only 14 km away by road. Based on the significant increase in the resource at Kepez and the potential for identifying further extensions of this high-grade mineralisation down plunge, the JV has taken the decision to bring the drill rig back to this area to complete further drilling. This work, in addition to further mining studies and associated permitting is being expedited in order to bring this area forward in the mining schedule. Importantly, the geometry of the mineralisation lends itself well to near complete resource extraction."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/21072021/ariana-resources-provides-kepez-north-resource-update/