Hummingbird Resources provides Yanfolila drilling update
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Hummingbird Resources plc has provided an update on its extensive 2021 exploration drilling programme at the Sanioumale West (SW) and greenfield deposits, Kama and Diaban, at the Yanfolila gold mine in Mali.
The company notes further assays have recently been received from the Sanioumale East deposit drilling campaign at Yanfolila which, once fully reviewed, are expected to be reported in 1Q22.
- The company has received and analysed approximately 12 800 m of multiple assays from the SW deposit and assays from the initial drilling completed at greenfield deposits Kama and Diaban at Yanfolila.
- Results show significant grade and depth, such as 8 m at 20.82 g/t at the SW deposit, highlighting upside potential to the deposits' current resources and reserves profile (164 200 oz and 50 400 oz respectively).
- Kama and Diaban are two new greenfield targets receiving their first round of drill testing, showing the potential to establish new resources at these deposits.
- Notable drill results from the SW deposit include:
- SNWRC0482: 8 m at 20.28 g/t from 61 m.
- SNWRC0506: 7 m at 12.18 g/t from 14 m.
- SNWRC0514: 6 m at 5.53 g/t from 76 m.
- SNWRC0507: 7 m at 4.98 g/t from 40 m.
- SNWRC0482: 5 m at 3.72 g/t from 40 m.
- SNWRC0490: 6 m at 3.67 g/t from 72 m.
- SNWRC0500: 31 m at 3.32 g/t from 55 m.
- SNWRC0501: 20 m at 2.96 g/t from 23 m.
- SNWRC0494: 7 m at 2.91 g/t from 165 m.
- SNWRC0491: 5 m at 2.57 g/t from 78 m.
- SNWRC0506: 15 m at 2.59 g/t from 97 m.
- SNWRC0483: 5 m at 2.02 g/t from 13 m.
- Notable initial drill results from the Kama and Diaban deposits include:
- KARC0020: 4 m at 4.47 g/t from 59 m.
- KARC0019: 3 m at 3.87 g/t from 35 m.
- DBRC0049: 1 m at 4 g/t from 23 m.
- KARC0002: 1 m at 2.11 g/t from 16 m.
- The 2021 SW drilling has been focussed on extending the inferred mineral resources and testing for additional and new mineral resources extensions. To date, the SW drill results show high-grade mineralsation exists and remains open at depth.
- Greenfield drilling is at the reconnaissance stage at the Kama and Diaban deposits where the focus has been on testing for mineral resource potential and testing of gold mineralisation along a prospective regional structure respectively. The Greenfield drilling results show:
- Gold mineralisation exists at Kama and is open to the north.
- Successfully intersected new zones of gold mineralisation at the Diaban deposit, proof that the regional structure is gold bearing.
- The company is analysing future exploration potential in these areas, in particular at Kama, to further prove up their resource potential.
- The company has now completed its extensive ~44 000 m 2021 exploration drilling programme at Yanfolila. This year’s drilling programme will feed into the company's updated 2022 resources and reserves statements, scheduled for release in 2Q22
Dan Betts, CEO of Hummingbird Resources, commented: “Yanfolila currently hosts a sizable resources and reserves profile of 1.93 million oz and 705 800 oz respectfully. With today’s positive drilling results from SW, in addition to the greenfield drilling results, we see potential for additional resources and reserves growth, taking us one step closer to the vompany’s strategic goal of achieving a +10-year reserve mine life at Yanfolila.”
Noris Del Bel Belluz, Group Technical Services Manager of Hummingbird Resources, added: “These results continue to show the potential for ongoing increases in resources and reserves at Yanfolila. Now that this year’s extensive drilling campaign at Yanfolila has concluded, our geology team is interpreting these assay results, and those to come, to delineate additional reserve and resource ounces for the exploration drilling campaign in 2022, all of which will be included in our updated 2022 company resources and reserves statement, scheduled for release in 2Q22.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/20122021/hummingbird-resources-provides-yanfolila-drilling-update/
You might also like
Great Southern Copper completes float sampling at Victoria prospect
Multiple vein-breccia targets identified with grades up to 2.1% Cu and 4.29 g/t Au.