Bastion Minerals announces Capote Gold drilling update
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Bastion Minerals Ltd has provided an update on its scout drilling programme at its flagship Capote Gold Project in the mineral-rich Atacama Region of Chile. The company has received gold assays for the first five drill holes of its ongoing 5000 m diamond drill programme.
The aim of this scout programme is to test the six main targets across the Capote Project to determine which targets have the potential for a high-grade gold discovery.
- Bastion Minerals has received encouraging gold assays from the first five drill holes at Capote.
- All drill holes intersecting projected mineralised structures and all structures contained elevated gold mineralisation.
- Significant intersections include:
- CPDH003B: 1.6 m at 9.6 g/t gold (Au) from 58.4 m.
- CPDH003: 1.1 m at 3.94 g/t Au from 80.9 m.
- Initial results confirm:
- Surface mineralisation extends to depth and along strike.
- Multiple new gold bearing structures not seen at surface.
- The presence of high-grade gold within key structures.
- Drilling continues and results will be released as they come to hand.
Bastion’s Executive Chairman, Ross Landles, commented: “This is an excellent start to drilling at Capote. We have received assay results from the first five drill holes. Given we are only partly through the scout program, we are excited to have hit the target structures in every hole and are encountering numerous new structures in each drill hole.
“There is elevated gold in all structures drilled, which is particularly encouraging given the scale of the district. We are reporting results here for the first 533 m of drilling of an ongoing 5000 m drill programme and further results will be released as results come to hand.
“These initial results confirm our targeting strategy and supports a better understanding of what controls the mineralisation and opportunities to make significant discoveries at Capote.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/19082022/bastion-minerals-announces-capote-gold-drilling-update/
You might also like
Solving the battery supply chain’s structural deficit
Greg Pitt, VP Battery Materials – Growth, Worley, outlines how, to keep the energy transition on track, battery supply chain production needs to be expanded in new and creative ways.