IronRidge Resources, an African focused minerals exploration company, has recently reported additional drilling results from the second phase drilling programme at the Ebilassokro and Ehuasso targets, both within the Zaranou Gold Project area. The license borders with Ghana and is along strike from significant operating gold mines including Chirano (5 million oz), Bibiani (5.5 million oz) and Ahafo (17 million oz).
- Additional high-grade and broad low-grade air core (AC) results received for 1 m primary samples of previously announced 4m composite results over the Ehuasso target.
- New 4 m composite results received for reverse circulation (RC) drilling completed over the Ehuasso Main target, confirming continuity within the 160 m spaced drill grid and further enhancing the target for follow-up infill drilling.
- High-grade and broad low-grade 1m primary AC sample results (from the previously reported 4 m composites on 30 July 2020) reported at a 0.1 g/t cut-off and maximum 1 m of internal dilution.
- Broad 4 m composite RC sample results reported at a 0.1 g/t cut-off and maximum 1 m of internal dilution.
- RC drilling now completed for the second phase programme with a total of 2077 m in 12 holes drilled.
- Second phase drilling programme now completed with a total of 20 312 m in 404 AC holes drilled and 2077 m in 12 RC holes drilled.
- Assays pending for remaining targeted Ehuasso RC drill holes including intervals with visible gold and Ebilassokro reconnaissance AC drilling.
- Planning and access construction now underway for the third phase RC and AC drill programme, with drilling planned to commence end 3Q20.
Commenting on the company’s latest progress, Len Kolff, Chief Operating Officer of IronRidge, said: “The additional results received for the AC 1 m primary samples continue to confirm and provide better resolution at 1 m intervals, for the previously announced 4 m composites.
“The new 4 m composite sample results received for additional RC holes drilled within the Ehuasso Main target are significant as they confirm mineralisation continuity along 1.4 km of strike with mineralisation still open in both directions.
“Assay results are pending for the last four RC holes drilled within the Ehuasso target, including the visible gold observed in hole ZARC0019 within the Ehuasso Main target, and AC holes along the second reconnaissance drill line within the Ebilassokro target.
“The second phase drill programme has now been completed for a total of 22 389 m drilled in 416 holes, with 20 312 m in 404 AC holes and 2077 m in 12 RC holes along the Ehuasso and Ebilassokro targets.
“Field teams are now taking a well-earned break, whilst a relief crew is on site to commence site access construction for a planned third phase infill RC programme within the Ehuasso Main target and step-out AC exploration programme along the Ebilassokro, Ehuasso and Yakasse targets, to commence end 3Q20.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/19082020/zaranou-delivers-gold-continuity-at-ehuasso-main/
You might also like
Hummingbird has noted the recent announcement by Pasofino Gold Limited regarding the commencement of exploration activities at Bukon Jedeh, a high-priority target area within the Dugbe Gold Project, Liberia.