Solaris Resources Inc. has reported an updated mineral resource estimate (MRE) for the Warintza Central deposit at its Warintza Project in southeastern Ecuador.
- In-pit indicated mineral resources of 579 million t at 0.59% copper equivalent (CuEq) and inferred mineral resources of 887 million t at 0.47% CuEq above a 0.3% CuEq cut-off grade.
- Includes ‘Indicative Starter Pit’ comprised of indicated mineral resources of 180 million t at 0.82% CuEq and inferred mineral resources of 107 million t at 0.73% CuEq above 0.6% CuEq cut-off grade.
- High quality: Expected low strip ratio ‘Indicative Starter Pit’ and ultimate pit, zoned from high-grade at surface to low grade at depth, consistent, clean sulphide mineralogy free of deleterious elements.
- High-grade growth: Ongoing drilling focused on open extensions of near surface, high-grade mineralisation to the northeast and southeast of Warintza Central.
- ‘Super Pit’ growth: Warintza Central pit shell includes overlapping portion of Warintza East, discovered mid-2021, a target wide open for major growth potential within a shared pit.
- Cluster potential: Warintza Central forms part of a 7 x 5 km cluster of porphyry deposits, where in addition to East, recent discoveries at West and South offer major growth potential.
- Structural advantages: Set within mining district featuring access to highway, abundant and low-cost hydroelectric power, fresh water, labour and low elevation.
Daniel Earle, President and CEO, commented: “After only 18 months of drilling, primarily in Warintza Central, one of the four major discoveries made on the property to date, the MRE establishes baseline credentials for the project of hosting a robust inventory, featuring a high-grade indicative starter pit and low strip ratio, within a mining district offering major structural advantages from highway access, abundant and low-cost hydroelectric power, fresh water, labour and low elevation. Ongoing drilling is targeting further rapid growth, with an emphasis on the open extensions of near surface, high-grade mineralisation at Warintza Central and expanding our recent Warintza East discovery to include it within a shared pit, while testing the further potential within the cluster.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/19042022/solaris-resources-reports-updated-warintza-mre/
You might also like
Hummingbird has noted the recent announcement by Pasofino Gold Limited regarding the commencement of exploration activities at Bukon Jedeh, a high-priority target area within the Dugbe Gold Project, Liberia.