Altus Strategies announces drilling results from Tabakorole gold project
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Altus Strategies Plc has recently announced high grade drilling results from the FT Prospect at the company's Tabakorole gold project in southern Mali. The drilling was completed by Graphex Mining Ltd under the joint venture (JV) with Altus.
- Results from an eight-hole (1544 m) diamond drilling programme at Tabakorole.
- Intersections include 4.7 g/t gold (Au) over 14.0 m and 1.2 g/t over 31.0 m (not true widths).
- Potential 600 m long north-west extension confirmed with 1.2 g/t Au over 12 m.
- Project remains open along strike and down dip.
- Updated mineral resource estimate on Tabakorole is now being prepared.
- Graphex is earning an initial 33% interest in the project under the JV.
- Altus holds a Net Smelter Return gold royalty on Tabakorole.
Steven Poulton, Chief Executive of Altus, commented: "We are encouraged to report the high grades and broad widths of gold mineralisation intersected from the recent drilling programme at Tabakorole. The programme was financed and completed by our ASX-listed JV partner Graphex Mining, which is earning an initial 33% interest in the project. The intersection of 4.7 g/t gold over 14 m, within a wider envelope of 38 m averaging 2.1 g/t gold is excellent. The results have also extended a high-grade plunge that was not previously modelled in the 2007 historical mineral resource estimate. An updated independent mineral resource estimate is now being prepared, which will include results from the 11 736m of reverse circulation and 1936m of diamond drilling that have occurred at Tabakorole since 2007."
"The potential of the 600 m long north-west extension has also been confirmed, with an intersection of 1.2 g/t gold over 12 m from the one diamond hole drilled in this area, which is in the vicinity of the recently reported shallow aircore drill intersection of 6.2 g/t gold over 6 m from 14 m depth."
"We look forward to updating shareholders on the progress at Tabakorole and specifically with news on the updated mineral resource estimate when available."
The drilling was undertaken by Capital Drilling Ltd and consisted of eight diamond drill holes for a total of 1544m. The holes were drilled between -52 and -60° inclination, perpendicular to the strike of the FT Prospect and ranged between 62.5 – 293 m in length.
The programme was designed to:
- Test high-grade plunge extensions.
- Drill untested gaps in the deposit.
- Drill a single hole into the north-west strike extension.
- Provide QAQC support for the deposit model.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/18082020/altus-strategies-announces-drilling-results-from-tabakorole-gold-project/
You might also like
Ballard and First Mode sign order for additional hydrogen fuel cell modules
Ballard Power Systems has agreed to supply First Mode with 60 hydrogen fuel cell modules to power hybrid hydrogen and battery ultra-class mining haul trucks.