Skip to main content

Ariana Resources announce Banu drilling results

Published by , Editor
Global Mining Review,

Ariana Resources plc, an AIM-listed exploration and development company operating in Europe, has announced recent resource drilling results obtained from the Banu area of the Kiziltepe Mine. Kiziltepe is part of the Zenit Madencilik San. ve Tic. A.S. joint venture (JV) with Proccea Construction Co. and Ozaltin Holding A.S. and is 23.5% owned by Ariana.


  • Drilling programme testing the south-eastern half of the Banu vein system over 200 m of strike to depths of approximately 100 m below surface.
  • New significant intercepts within the vein system include:
    • KTP-D38021 (98.9 – 103 m): 4.1 m at 3.58g /t gold (Au) and 78.9 g/t silver (Ag).
    • KTP-D26-21 (42.9 – 49.9 m): 7 m at 2.01 g/t Au + 70.6 g/t Ag.
    • KTP-D28-21 (20.5 – 23.1 m): 2.6 m at 5.08 g/t Au + 102.5 g/t Ag.
  • Zone of higher-grade mineralisation confirmed at the south-eastern end of the vein system.
  • Potential remains to expand the opencast strike continuity of the vein system from 300 m to approximately 700 m, and in drilling certain other vein systems in the vicinity.

Dr Kerim Sener, Managing Director, commented: "These results confirm the presence of higher-grade mineralisation towards the south-eastern end of the Banu vein and improve confidence in the mineral resource and reserve estimation. The results also demonstrate the continuity of the vein system to at least 100 m below surface over more than 200 m of strike. The higher-grade zone at Banu, like those on Arzu South, appears to plunge moderately towards the south-east. This finding, in particular, highlights the opportunity to identify other plunging shoots containing high-grade mineralisation elsewhere along strike. As with other vein systems at Kiziltepe, additional drilling has proven the potential to add to the resource base, which could lead to further increases to the life of mine."

Future exploration

The Banu and surrounding area will continue to remain a focus for future exploration at Kiziltepe. To date, only 25% (840 m) of known veins in the Banu area have been sufficiently tested for resource definition. The remaining 75% (2500 m) of less tested veins (primarily the Fidan-Gamze and Vein 7 structures), will remain the subject to future drilling plans, subject to approval and expansion of new exploration permits.

Read the article online at:

You might also like


Electrification in Mining virtual conference

Join us on 16 April 2024 for Global Mining Review's first Electrification in Mining event is an interactive virtual conference, focusing on electrification as the future of sustainable mining and exploring the innovative approaches and technologies being developed to facilitate its implementation.

Register for FREE »


Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):


This article has been tagged under the following:

Gold mining news Silver mining news