Altus Strategies Plc has announced further significant gold intersections from reverse circulation (RC) drilling at the company's 100% owned, 105 km2 Diba & Lakanfla gold project in western Mali. The Lakanfla licence is located approximately 5 km east of the company's Diba licence. Both licences host numerous gold prospects, including a shallow-dipping, near-surface gold deposit (the Diba deposit).
- RC drilling completed at 100% owned Diba & Lakanfla in western Mali.
- Latest intersections from the Lakanfla Central prospect include (not true widths):
- 0.9 g/t gold (Au) over 66 m from 41 m.
- 1.32 g/t Au over 26 m from 85 m.
- 2.21 g/t Au over 12 m from 137 m.
- 4.37 g/t Au over 6 m from 32 m.
- Latest intersections from the Diba NW prospect include (not true widths):
- 1.81 g/t Au over 10 m from 256 m.
- 0.6 g/t Au over 23 m from 154 m.
- Programme designed to generate an updated project mineral resource estimate (MRE).
- MRE to be integrated into an updated preliminary economic assessment (PEA).
- Strategically located in a world-famous gold belt that hosts numerous opencast mines.
Steven Poulton, Chief Executive of Altus, commented: “We are pleased to report on the further encouraging drilling intersections from the Diba & Lakanfla gold project in western Mali. RC results include 1.32 g/t Au over 26 m from 85 m and 0.9 g/t Au over 66 m from 41 m (not true widths) from the Lakanfla Central prospect. These results extend the mineralised strike of Lakanfla Central by approximately 200 m to approximately 750 m, with mineralisation remaining open to the northeast and at depth. The latest results confirm the presence of a broad gold mineralised package at Lakanfla Central, from which we recently reported an intersection of 1.23 g/t Au over 127 m from 21 m (not true width).
“Lakanfla Central is hosted within a large porphyritic granite and is one of at least four priority prospects at Lakanfla, where gold mineralisation is often associated with sub-vertical and brecciated structures. Lakanfla hosts a number of zones of intense hard rock artisanal gold workings. Historical results from drilling at the Lakanfla licence include 5.1 g/t Au over 26 m, 4.31 g/t over 18 m and 1.02 g/t Au over 60 m (not true widths).
“Lakanfla is located approximately 5km east of the Diba licence, which hosts the Diba Deposit and the Diba NW prospects. The results from the now completed drilling programme at Diba & Lakanfla will feed into an updated independent MRE and PEA for the Project. We look forward to updating shareholders on the results of these studies in due course.”
Diba & Lakanfla project: drilling programme
The 11 832 m drilling programme at the project has been completed by Capital Drilling Ltd and comprised 1359 m of diamond drilling (DD), 1433 m of air core (AC) and 9040 m of RC drilling.
The most recent and final phase of drilling at Lakanfla comprised 3848 m of RC, testing a number of targets which could potentially contribute to a maiden MRE including:
Lakanfla Central Prospect
- Twenty holes for a total of 3283 m were drilled.
- The prospect comprises a series of mineralised breccias within an altered granodiorite host with surrounding carbonate metasediments.
- Drilling targeted the prospect at depth and tested potential on strike extensions.
Zone 3 Prospect
- Three holes for a total of 390 m were drilled.
- The prospect hosts mineralised breccia at surface and artisanal workings.
- Drilling tested the strike potential of the prospect.
Zone 4 Prospect
- Two holes for a total of 175 m were drilled in addition to a programme of trenching.
- The prospect hosts a number of high-grade gold in soil anomalies.
- Drilling was undertaken to test strike potential.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/18032022/altus-strategies-announces-further-diba-lakanfla-drill-results/
You might also like
Flender has received the Supplier Excellence Recognition Award from Caterpillar.