IronRidge Resources Ltd, an African focused minerals exploration company, has reported additional drilling results from the ongoing third phase drilling programme at the Ehuasso target, within the Zaranou Gold Project area. The license borders with Ghana and is along strike from significant operating gold mines including Chirano (5 million oz), Bibiani (5.5 million oz) and Ahafo (17 million oz).
- Ongoing reverse circulation (RC) and aircore (AC) drilling results for 4 m composites over the Ehuasso and Ebilassokro targets from the third phase drilling programme currently underway have been received, including highlights reported at a 0.1 g/t cut-off and maximum 4 m of internal dilution:
- ZARC0075: 20 m at 2.64 g/t from 60 m including 4 m at 12.44 g/t.
- ZARC0067: 16 m at 2.73 g/t from 72 m including 4 m at 1.9 g/t, 4 m at 4.5 g/t and 4 m at 3.9 g/t.
- ZARC0065: 23 m at 1.33 g/t from 192 m including 4 m at 1.9 g/t, 4 m at 1.6 g/t and 4 m at 4.4 g/t.
- ZARC0059: 8 m at 3.11 g/t from 208 m including 4 m at 5.9 g/t.
- ZARC0075: 12 m at 1.91 g/t from 188 m including 4 m at 1.5 g/t and 4 m at 4 g/t.
- ZARC0068: 8 m at 2.22 g/t from 112 m including 4 m at 3.8 g/t.
- ZARC0069: 28 m at 0.59 g/t from 144 m including 4 m at 3.5 g/t.
- ZARC0036: 16 m at 1 g/t from 28 m including 4 m at 2.7 g/t.
- ZARC0069: 12 m at 1.28 g/t from 124 m including 4 m at 3.3 g/t.
- ZARC0057: 20 m at 0.72 g/t from 84 m including 4 m at 2.9 g/t.
- ZARC0057: 4 m at 2.7 g/t from 48 m.
- Newly reported results confirm mineralisation continuity over 1.7 km strike along the Ehuasso Main target at 80 m drill section spacing, with mineralisation open at depth.
- High-grade and broad low-grade drill intersections reported at depth, including 8 m at 3.11 g/t from 208 m, 23 m at 1.33 g/t from 192 m, 12 m at 1.91 g/t from 188 m and 28 m at 0.59 g/t from 144 m, confirming continuity of mineralisation at depth.
- High-grade and broad low-grade intersections reported within both oxide and fresh mineralisation in drilling to date at the Ehuasso target.
- RC drilling ongoing at the Ehuasso target for additional deep back holes and to test below high-grade AC results from previous drilling along adjacent mineralised structures.
- Third phase 50 000 m RC and AC drilling programme now well underway with three drill rigs active on site at the Ehuasso, Yakassé and M'basso targets.
Vincent Mascolo, CEO of IronRidge, said: "Ongoing results from the third phase drilling programme confirm gold mineralisation continuity over 1.7 km strike and at depth along the Ehuasso Main target. We continue to define the target at 80 m drill spacing and to confirm depth continuity of gold bearing structures.
"As previously announced, an RC rig has commenced drilling at the Yakassé target. We are currently awaiting assay results from the first holes.
"Our 'early ounces' strategy continues to target oxide gold mineralisation, with initial observations suggesting it continues to average depths of 50 m and up to 90 m, which we believe is indicative of simple mining and processing at low operational and capital costs.
"With only 12 km of the 47 km of identified strike having been drill tested to date, an additional 8 km strike of hard-rock artisanal workings and 27 km of soil anomalies remain untested with the potential to deliver a pipeline of further discoveries along this considerable mineralised structure.
"The third phase 50 000 m combined AC and RC programme is now well underway with three drill rigs active on site and approximately 30 000 m drilled to date.
"Drilling will continue up to the Christmas shut down period between 24 December to 4 January, after which drilling will resume to the completion of the planned programme in early 1Q21. We look forward to updating the market on our progress in due course."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/15122020/ironridge-resources-reports-additional-drilling-results/