Jaguar Mining Inc. (Jaguar) has announced drilling results from a further 10 diamond drill holes from ongoing in-mine exploration and definition drilling programmes targetting shallow, high grade ore shoots within the Orebody C structure which includes (C-SE, C-Central and C-NW).
Initial auger and trench sampling results are reported from a new Exploration Target, ‘Corrego Brandão’ located close to Jaguar´s CCA Plant Facility at Caeté and trench sampling results from the Zona Basal Exploration Target at Turmalina.
Key intercept highlights
- Jaguar defines shallow Turmalina Orebody C high grade shoot with 11.20 g/t Au over 9.64 m (including 31.03g/t Au over 3.15 m) and 6.85 g/t Au over 11.08 m (including 12.56 g/t Au over 4.30 m).
- Auger drilling intercepts 38.71 g/t Au over 5.80 m (including 60.08 g/t Au over 3.0 m) and 16.91 g/t Au over 3.8 m(including 28.70 g/t Au over 2.0 m) reported from new Córrego Brandão Exploration Target close to CCA (Caeté) Plant.
- Positive trenching results confirm bedrock mineralisation beneath extensive gold in soil anomaly at Zona Basal Target, Turmalina.
Ben Guenther Interim CEO, Jaguar Mining commented: "Exploration results today again highlight the potential to grow production at both CCA and MTL operations from known in-mine and near-mine exploration targets. The goal is to fill both process plants to capacity with quality ounces. We continue to improve our geological understanding of our strategic tenement position within the highly prospective greenstones in Brazil's Iron Quadrangle Region. The continued delivery of positive drilling results on Orebody C-Central has allowed us to plan and develop shallow mineralisation which will provide Turmalina near term additional ore faces and operational flexibility. Development of C Central will provide exploration platforms for C NW and extend the orebody laterally to increase longer term production capability."
"We are also very pleased with the Zona Basal Target showing great promise to add future production at Turmalina. Additionally, initial results from Corrego Brandão are highly encouraging and may present a near term production opportunity for our CCA operation near Caeté."Jon Hill, Expert Advisor, Geology and Exploration, Jaguar Mining Management Committee commented: "The drilling and exploration results reported today are highly encouraging, especially on the back of an 81% increase in company proven and probable reserves reported in March. The sustained investment in geology and exploration by the company continues to deliver high quality ounces on which to leverage future production and growth initiatives. We look forward to moving these and a number of other promising exploration projects forward in the coming months."
Exploration highlights - Turmalina
Jaguar defines shallow Turmalina Orebody C high grade shoot with 11.20 g/t Au over 9.64 m (including 31.03 g/t Au over 3.15 m) and 6.85 g/t Au over 11.08 m (including 12.56 g/t Au over 4.30 m).
Auger drilling intercepts 38.71g/t Au over 5.8 m (including 60.08 g/t Au over 3.0 m) and 16.91 g/t Au over 3.8 m (including 28.7 g/t Au over 2.0 m) reported from new Córrego Brandão Exploration Target close to CCA (Caeté) Plant.
Positive trenching results confirm bedrock mineralisation beneath extensive gold in soil anomaly at Zona Basal Target, Turmalina.
Results for a further 10 diamond drill holes targeted to test both the geometry and extensions to high grade intersections at C-Central previously reported (see Press-Release Dated 28 February 2019) of 18.35 g/t Au over 8.76 m (estimated true width (ETW) 8.23 m) and 9.95g/t Au over 2.29 m (ETW 2.0 m).
New, high grade intersections reported include: 11.20 g/t Au over 11.50m (ETW 9.64 m) (Including 31.03 g/t Au over 3.75 m (ETW 3.15 m)) in hole FTS1701, 6.85gt Au over 13.53m (ETW 11.08M) (Including 12.56gt Au over 5.26 m (ETW 4.3m) in hole FTS1695 and 9.83 g/t Au over 10.54 m (ETW 7.45 m) (including 18.81 g/t Au over 3.80 m (ETW 2.70 m) in hole FTS1700.
The drilling defines a high-grade plunging mineralized `’shoot’ now termed the ´C-Central Shoot` extending over a strike length of some 50 m, a width of 8 - 10 m, and a vertical interval of some 150 m. Mineralisation remains open at depth.
Underground development to access C-Central is underway with stoping planned to commence contributing to Turmalina production by early 2020.
Turmalina trenching programmes completed in 4Q18 and 1Q19 have confirmed the presence of bedrock mineralisation beneath the extensive Au, As and Sb in soil anomalism discovered at the Zona Basal Target in early 2018. Structurally controlled, greenstone hosted mineralisation has been intersected by trenching over a strike length of over two km´s beneath the extensive soil sampling footprint (>100 ppb Au) which covers an area of some 3 km along strike and up to 500m in width. Mineralised zones defined are associated with sericite-chlorite-silica altered Banded Iron Formation (BIF), metasedimentary and metavolcanic rocks and quartz veining.
Encouraging trench results include 1.28 g/t Au over 17.61 m including 3.1 g/t Au over 4.05 m and 3.64 g/t Au over 7.92 m including 18.60 g/t Au over 1.44 m.
Drilling of a number of priority targets at Zona Basal is planned for the second half of 2019.
Exploration Highlights - CCA (Caeté) New Corrego Brandão Target.
- The Corrego Brandão Exploration Target close to Jaguar´s CCA plant facility near Caeté was generated by soil sampling over a regional conceptual target identified during late 2018. Anomalous gold in soil sampling results (> 100 ppb Au) over a strike length of some 400 m were followed up in 1Q19 with geological mapping, trenching and shallow Auger Drilling with very encouraging initial results.
- Trench results of significance include 1.89 g/t Au over 12.23 m including 3.08 g/t Au over 5.70 m, 1.59 g/t Au over 10.22 m including 2.77 g/t Au over 5.06m and 1.13 g/t Au over 4.90 m.
- Follow-up, vertical shallow auger drilling intersected ferruginous-gossanous material with widespread boxwork textures (after sulfides) and highly encouraging mineralised sample intervals reporting assays of 38.71 g/t Au over a 5.8 m vertical interval including 60.08 g/t Au over 3.0 m while the adjacent hole 25 m across strike reported 16.91 g/t Au over a 3.8 m vertical interval which include 28.70 g/t Au over 2.0 m.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/15052019/jaguar-mining-discovers-continued-wide-high-grade-intersections-at-turmalina-orebody-c/