Altus Strategies granted copper and silver projects in Morocco
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Altus Strategies Plc has announced the granting of three new copper and silver exploration projects totalling 252 km2 in the western Anti-Atlas of the Kingdom of Morocco. The projects were awarded to the company's 100% owned subsidiary, Aterian Resources Ltd, following a competitive tender process.
- Three new copper and silver projects totalling 252 km2 granted in central Morocco.
- Projects considered highly prospective for sediment-hosted mineralisation.
- Izougza copper-silver project is located 20 km southeast of the Zgounder silver mine.
- At least four historically recorded copper occurrences within the projects.
- Strategic land holding in Morocco enlarged to seven base and precious metal projects.
- Remote sensing underway with exploration programmes commencing shortly.
- Further licence applications submitted across key mineralised belts in Morocco.
Steven Poulton, Chief Executive of Altus, commented: "We are delighted to be awarded three new copper and silver projects in Morocco as part of a competitive tender process. The projects total 252 km2 and target sedimentary copper-silver mineralisation, within the prospective western Anti-Atlas belt of Morocco. Altus has also applied for a number of further projects across Morocco and awaits the results of these submissions.
"Significantly, we have been granted the 24 km2 Izougza Project, located approximately 20 km southeast of the Zgounder silver mine, operated by TSX-listed Aya Gold & Silver Inc. We have also been granted the 85 km2 Azrar and 143 km2 Tata Projects, located approximately 43 km and 50 km east and southeast respectively of the Tizert copper mine, operated by the Managem Group. With the grant of these projects we have approximately doubled our land holding to 511 km2 and increased our portfolio to seven base and precious metals projects in Morocco.
"Our field team will commence exploration shortly, focusing on a number of priority targets defined from our remote sensing programmes. In the meantime, we look forward to the potential grant of further projects that we have applied for in Morocco."
Izougza Copper-Silver Project (24 km2)
- Prospective for vein hosted silver and copper mineralization.
- Located on a strike-slip structure separating Proterozoic granites and volcanics.
- Along strike of historical mapped copper, silver, cobalt and gold occurrences.
- Located 20 km from the Zgounder silver mine, operated by Aya Gold and Silver Inc. (mineralisation hosted at Zgounder is not necessarily indicative of mineralisation at Izougza).
Azrar Copper Project (85 km2)
- Hosts several mapped historical copper occurrences.
- Sedimentary copper potential in Neoproterozoic to Ediacaran sediments.
- Located 45 km east of the Tizert copper mine (mineralisation hosted at Tizert is not necessarily indicative of mineralisation at Azrar).
Tata Copper Project (143 km2)
- Hosts a mapped historical copper-gold and gold occurrence.
- Sedimentary copper potential in Adoudounian sediments on the flank of an inlier.
- 50 km southeast of the Tizert copper mine (mineralisation hosted at Tizert is not necessarily indicative of mineralisation at Tata).
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/15032021/altus-strategies-granted-copper-and-silver-projects-in-morocco/
You might also like
Kazera Global publishes interim results
The results include the disposal of African Tantalum for cash consideration of US$13 million and the welcoming of new major shareholder, African Mineral Sands.