Altus Strategies intersects gold at Lakanfla Central Prospect
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Altus Strategies Plc has announced the intersection of a significant gold (Au) zone from reverse circulation (RC) drilling at the Lakanfla Central prospect on the Lakanfla licence. Lakanfla forms part of the company's 100% owned, 105 km2 Diba & Lakanfla gold project in western Mali. Lakanfla is located approximately 5 km east of the company's Diba licence which hosts numerous gold prospects, including a shallow-dipping, near-surface gold deposit (the Diba deposit).
- 3500 m RC programme underway at the 100% owned Lakanfla licence in western Mali.
- Drilling at Lakanfla Central prospect has intersected a significant gold zone, including:
- 1.23 g/t Au over 127 m from 21 m, including 2.53 g/t Au over 14 m from 46 m (not true widths).
- Assays have been received from first two holes of planned 22 hole programme.
- Lakanfla drilling programme is designed to:
- Test the strike and down-dip potential of the Lakanfla Central prospect.
- Confirm historical drilling results from other key prospects, including (not true widths):
- 5.1 g/t Au over 26 m from 32 m.
- 4.31 g/t Au over 18 m from 34 m.
- 1.02 g/t Au over 60 m from 105 m.
- Potentially generate a maiden mineral resource estimate (MRE) at Lakanfla.
- Strategically located in a world-famous gold belt that hosts numerous opencast mines.
Steven Poulton, Chief Executive of Altus, commented: “We are delighted to report on the outstanding intersection of 1.23 g/t Au over 127 m from 21 m, including 2.53 g/t Au over 14 m from 46 m (not true widths) from RC drilling at the Central Prospect at Lakanfla in Western Mali. The current 3500 m drilling programme at Lakanfla forms part of a wider 10 000 m programme across the combined Diba & Lakanfla gold project.
“Lakanfla Central is one of at least four key prospects at Lakanfla, with gold mineralisation hosted in a number of sub-vertical breccia zones within a significant porphyritic granite, which has a current strike length of approximately 350 m. Lakanfla also hosts a number of widespread zones of intense hard rock artisanal workings. Historical results from drilling at the Lakanfla licence include 5.1 g/t Au over 2 6m, 4.31 g/t over 18 m and 1.02 g/t Au over 60 m (not true widths).
“Lakanfla is located approximately 5 km east of the Diba licence, which hosts the Diba Deposit and the Diba NW prospects. Once completed, the results from the combined drilling programme at Diba & Lakanfla will feed into an updated independent MRE and preliminary economic assessment for the project. We look forward to updating shareholders as further results are received.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/15022022/altus-strategies-intersects-gold-at-lakanfla-central-prospect/
You might also like
MCB Project receives Environmental Compliance Certificate
The issuance of the ECC is a vitally important step towards obtaining a Mineral Production Sharing Agreement with the Philippine National Government.