Armadale Capital plc, an investment group focused on natural resource projects in Africa, has confirmed that the mine design for the Mahenge Liandu Graphite Project is now being finalised for inclusion in the definitive feasibility study (DFS) following a site visit by the project engineer.
- Comprehensive site visit undertaken by the project engineer tasked with designing the graphite mine.
- Mine design to be optimised to ensure high grade areas are targeted first ensuring stronger cashflow generation in the early years.
- Project engineer has reviewed the site layout to garner a primary under-standing of the logistics, terrain and route to market.
- Meetings undertaken with mining contractors, third party suppliers and lo-gistics operators to ensure seamless route to transport graphite concentrate to port.
- Important discussions held with local communities and their leaders, who remain very positive on the project as well as viewing the facilities available to house visiting contractors.
- All assumptions for the DFS have now been stress tested and verified.
Nick Johansen Director of Armadale said: “Over the past six months, signifi-cant progress has been made defining a high-grade resource, completing MOUs and progressing the commercialisation strategy. With our funding position now secure, the Board is delighted to continue progressing Armadale’s ongoing tran-sition from explorer to emerging producer.
“The site visit by the Project engineer tasked with designing the mine is a key milestone as it signifies the concept is moving towards reality and is an im-portant step as we finalise the Project’s DFS. We are now looking beyond the completion of the DFS to focus on the commercialisation strategy in order to deliver a high-quality graphite product to our off-take partners. As part of this process, the Board has been increasingly focused on project infrastructure and ensuring all the elements necessary to commence mining operations in a timely manner are in place.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/12112019/armadale-capital-plc-mine-design-and-project-engineer-site-visit-update/
You might also like
Andrada Mining has provided an update on the first production at its lithium pilot plant in Namibia.