Altus Strategies Plc has announced encouraging, high-grade results from reverse circulation (RC) drilling at its 100% owned Diba gold project located in western Mali. Diba hosts a shallow-dipping, near-surface gold deposit and a number of other prospective targets.
- High-grade gold intersections from RC drilling at the Diba gold project in western Mali.
- Intersections from the Diba Deposit include (down-the-hole and not true widths):
- 8.50 g/t gold (Au) over 24 m from 20 m (including 26.45 g/t Au over 7 m).
- 2.54 g/t Au over 30 m from 36 m.
- 1.30 g/t Au over 30 m from 12 m.
- 2.45 g/t Au over 15 m from 26 m.
- Infill drilling targeting 550 m long, high-grade zone within the core of the Diba Deposit.
- Drilling programme now on hold pending the end of the rainy season in September.
- Resource potential of the Diba Deposit and Diba NW prospect to be tested.
- Diba is strategically located in a world famous gold belt that hosts numerous open pit mines.
Steven Poulton, Chief Executive of Altus, commented: “We are delighted to report on these excellent initial results from the current RC drilling programme at the Diba gold project in Western Mali. An intersection of 8.50 g/t Au over 24 m from 20 m downhole is exceptional. The RC programme is designed to expand and infill the existing Diba resource, as well as define a maiden resource at the Diba NW prospect. Infill drilling within the current deposit has improved our understanding of the high-grade mineralisation that strikes northeast for approximately 550 m through the Diba Deposit.
“Previous results received from the Diba NW prospect indicate the discovery of two northwest trending, shallow-dipping and consistent zones of mineralisation totalling approximately 900 m in strike length, with intersections including 1.45 g/t Au over 22 m from 55 m. Drilling at Diba NW will resume following the end of the rainy season in September. The programme is testing on-strike and down-dip extensions to the mineralisation, prior to the completion of a maiden resource estimate for Diba NW. We look forward to updating shareholders on further assay results from the current programme as they are received.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/12082021/altus-strategies-announces-diba-gold-drilling-results/