Solaris reports additional drilling at Warintza East
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Solaris Resources Inc. has reported assay results from a series of additional holes from mineral resource growth drilling at its Warintza Project in southeastern Ecuador.
Since the discovery of Warintza East in mid-2021, approximately 1 km east of Warintza Central, limited drilling has been completed on the open area between the two deposits that would fall into the eastern sector of the conceptual pit design for Warintza Central as uncategorized waste – these results now establish continuity of mineralisation between the two deposits with Warintza East remaining entirely open and undrilled to the north, south and east for future potential growth.
- SLSE-06 was collared from the original platform in the middle of Warintza East and drilled west-northwest into an entirely open volume, returning 484 m of 0.42% copper equivalent (CuEq) from surface SLSE-08 was collared from the same platform and drilled northwest into an open volume, returning 142 m of 0.65% CuEq from near surface within a broader interval of 536 m of 0.43% CuEq from surface.
- SLSE-04 was collared between Warintza Central and Warintza East and drilled west-southwest into a partially open volume, returning 616 m of 0.63% CuEq from 276 m depth within a broader interval of 892 m of 0.50% CuEq from surface, establishing the overlap of the two deposits within the Warintza Central pit shell.
- SLSE-03 was collared from the same platform and drilled west-northwest into a partially open volume, returning 326 m of 0.62% CuEq from 276 m depth within a broader interval of 818 m of 0.38% CuEq from 38 m depth, further confirming the overlap of the two deposits.
- SLSE-05, collared from the same platform, was drilled north-northwest into a partially open area, returning 268 m of 0.53% CuEq from 446 m depth within a broader interval of 714 m of 0.32% CuEq from surface.
- Updated Warintza Central mineral resource estimate expected to be issued in April.
- To date, 62 holes have been completed at Warintza Central with assays reported for 54 of these and eight holes have been completed at Warintza East with results reported for all holes.
Jorge Fierro, Vice President, Exploration, commented: “Following the final Warintza Central results released 4 April 2021, these results represent the final holes from Warintza East to be included in the forthcoming mineral resource update, and serve to convert what would otherwise be uncategorised waste within the expected pit shell in the area where Warintza Central and Warintza East overlap.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/12042022/solaris-reports-additional-drilling-at-warintza-east/
You might also like
Akobo Minerals announces the start of core drilling at Gindibab
Akobo Minerals AB, the Scandinavian-based Ethiopian gold exploration and boutique mining company, has announced the start of core drilling on a new target at Gindibab.