Ariana Resources announces Arzu Central drilling results
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Ariana Resources plc, an AIM-listed mineral exploration and development company with joint-venture (JV) gold mining operations in Europe, has announced recent resource drilling results obtained from the Arzu Central area of the Kiziltepe Mine. Kiziltepe is part of the Zenit Madencilik San. ve Tic. A.S. JV with Proccea Construction Co. and Ozaltin Holding A.S. and is 23.5% owned by Ariana.
- New significant intercepts within the Arzu Central area include:
- KTP-D29-21: (from 106.6 – 117.3 m) 10.8 m at 2 g/t gold (Au) and 32.8 g/t silver (Ag).
- KTP-D08-21: (from 110.5 m – 119 m) 8.5 m at 2.16 g/t Au and 57.2 g/t Ag.
- KTP-D08-21: (from 94.6 – 96.6 m) 2 m at 8.37 g/t Au and 50 g/t Ag.
- Confirmation of high-grade continuity to depth for the extensions to Arzu North and Derya into the Arzu Central area.
- New geological modelling currently underway to define an updated Mineral Resource Estimate and Exploration Target in compliance with JORC (2012).
Dr Kerim Sener, Managing Director, commented: “The latest drilling results from Kiziltepe demonstrate unequivocally that the Arzu and Derya vein systems are interlinked without interruption through the Arzu Central area, which is largely obscured beneath cover rocks. We have long suspected that the vein system at Kiziltepe was not limited to the areas being mined and these results confirm that the Arzu structure itself is at least 2.5 km long, with only about 50% of that strike length having been mined so far. Likewise, the Derya structure clearly represents a splay off the main NW trend of the Arzu structure, which interestingly appears to carry typically higher grades than Arzu North.
“What is immediately apparent from our latest understanding is that there is an area of not fully quantified resource potential in the area encompassing Arzu North, Derya and the Ceylan veins. We have named this important resource development area 'The Parallelogram' and this will become the focus of further resource development work, including further drilling, in the coming months. We will be working on a revised resource estimate for Kiziltepe accordingly.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/11082021/ariana-resources-announces-arzu-central-drilling-results/
You might also like
NextSource Materials commissions Molo Graphite Mine
NextSource Materials has commissioned its Molo Graphite Mine in Madagascar, and installation of the solar and battery facility for the hybrid power plant is in progress.