Hummingbird Resources plc has provided an update on the company's mine development progress and results from further assays of the 2021 resources and reserves infill drilling programme, including a notable hole of 24 m at 5.33 g/t amongst others, at the Kouroussa Gold Mine in Guinea.
Kouroussa construction begins
Construction at Kouroussa has commenced following the mobilisation of equipment and personnel in December 2021. Key construction developments include:
- Commencement of ground clearing works for key infrastructure, mine camp and processing plant.
- Further long lead item purchases are being finalised, including: SAG mill; jaw crusher; ore feeders; agitators; interstage screens; tower crane; and cyclone cluster.
- The pit dewatering team is on site, and works have commenced to further stabilise the key mining deposits for future mining operations.
- Construction equipment, tooling, machinery, and consumables continue to arrive and are in position on site for the overall build process.
- Process plant civil works are scheduled to commence in February once more ground clearing works are completed.
Kouroussa drilling highlights
Hummingbird has received further assay results on 30 reverse circulation (RC) and three diamond holes on the high-grade Koekoe (KK) deposit, delivering approximately 3200 m out of the company's 24 000 m infill drilling programme for 2021. To date, the company has received approximately 10 050 m of assays from the 2021 programme, with more expected in 1Q22.
- Notable drill results from the KK deposit include:
- KRC1873: 24 m at 5.33 g/t from 28 m.
- KRC1890: 3 m at 16.06 g/t from 118 m.
- KRC1803: 3 m at 11.64 g/t from 55 m.
- KRC1858: 4 m at 10.31 g/t from 89 m.
- KRC1858: 4 m at 9.09 g/t from 49 m.
- KRCD1878: 4 m at 9.76 g/t from 146 m.
- KRC1824: 2 m at 8.48 g/t from 25 m.
- KRC1864: 8 m at 7.77 g/t from 95 m.
- KRC1890: 4 m at 6.17 g/t from 99 m.
- KRC1854: 4 m at 4.28 g/t from 35 m.
- KRC1874: 8 m at 3.22 g/t from 56 m.
- The company continues to receive ongoing high-grade drill intercepts, coupled with multiple thick mineralisation zones, from the company’s infill drilling campaign completed in 2021.
- These updated results continue to provide increasing confidence and geological knowledge of the high-grade nature of Kouroussa's key deposit KK.
- The KK deposit has a current maiden reserve of 408 900 oz at 4.38 g/t, with upside potential once all the 2021 24 000 m infill drilling data is analysed, and which will feed into the updated company 2022 resources and reserves statements that are scheduled for release in 2Q22.
Political developments in Mali
Additionally, the company notes the announcement of sanctions imposed on Mali, with immediate effect, by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), in response to the government of Mali’s proposed timetable to hold elections. The sanctions pertain to restrictions on the movement of cash, people and goods, across borders, into and out of Mali from the wider ECOWAS region. The company is evaluating the immediate risks to our supply chain and whilst all plans will be made to minimise the potential impact it is too early to say how these sanctions may potentially affect business. Further updates will be provided as and when appropriate.
Dan Betts, CEO of Hummingbird Resources, commented: “We are pleased by the continued progress at Kouroussa and the commencement of construction, following the deployment of key equipment and construction personnel in December 2021. This marks another significant step towards our strategic goal of becoming a multi-jurisdictional gold producer.
“Furthermore, our infill drilling programme from 2021 has continued to show significant high-grade intervals, allowing us to further strengthen our knowledge base of the Kouroussa asset. This data will be analysed by our technical team and provide a core component of our updated company 2022 resources and reserves statements, scheduled for release in 2Q22.”
Noris Del Bel Belluz, Group Technical Services Manager of Hummingbird Resources, added: “We continue to receive high-grade infill drilling results for Kouroussa's key deposit Koekoe, giving us increasing confidence in the asset's geology and grade profile. We are busy assessing the data, which will be key contributors to the upcoming resources and reserves update and will play a pivotal role in Kouroussa's future mine plans.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/10012022/hummingbird-resources-provides-kouroussa-update/