Hummingbird Resources provides Yanfolila drilling update
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Hummingbird Resources plc has provided an update on its extensive and completed 2021 exploration drilling programme at the Yanfolila gold mine in Mali from the Sanioumale East (SE) and greenfield deposit, BBC.
The company notes that these assays are the final to be received from the Yanfolila 2021 drilling programme, which totalled approximately 48 000 m. The results from the programme are now being analysed and will be included in the company’s updated 2022 resources and reserves statement, scheduled to be released in 2Q22.
- The company has received and analysed a further 12 000 m of assays from the SE deposit and 3179 m of assays from the initial drilling done at greenfield deposit BBC. A total of 17 700 m of drilling was completed at the SE deposit in 2021.
- Results for SE continue to show significant grade and extending at depth for the deposit, as illustrated, for example, by hole SNEDD0005 containing 4 m at 64.68 g/t.
- These and historical drilling results highlight the upside potential to SE’s current resources and reserves profile of 204 000 oz and 100 300 oz respectively, and provide an increasing level of confidence in the overall geology of the SE deposit as a key future deposit to be mined at Yanfolila, which is scheduled to commence in 1Q23.
- The extent of the SE deposit’s potential is highlighted in the graphics below, including SE satellite deposit plan view showing multiple opencasts over the yet to be fully explored 1.5 km strike zone; SE cross section drill view; and SE historical and 2021 drill intercept cross section view over the strike zone area.
- Greenfield target BBC is receiving its first round of drill testing, and have shown the potential to establish new resources at this deposit. This further adds to additional greenfield upside at Yanfolila’s other greenfield deposits Karma and Diaban as highlighted in the 20 December 2021 Yanfolila drilling update release.
- Notable drill results from the SE deposit include:
- SNEDD0005: 4 m at 64.68 g/t from 63 m.
- SNERC0511: 18 m at 5.13 g/t from 7 m.
- SNERCO438: 16 m at 4.51 g/t from 138 m.
- SNERCO476: 15 m at 4.44 g/t from 75 m.
- SNERC0495: 18 m at 3.7 g/t from 128 m.
- SNERC0495: 5 m at 5.06 g/t from 99 m.
- SNERC0479: 7 m at 7.48 g/t from 46 m.
- SNEDD0008: 4 m at 10.36 g/t from 230 m.
- SNEDD0008: 3 m at 7.25 g/t from 176 m.
- Notable drill results from the greenfield deposit, BBC include:
- KBCR0058: 2 m at 6.22 g/t from 78 m.
- KBCRC0035: 3 m at 4.05 g/t from 39 m.
- KBCR0045: 5 m at 1.69 g/t from 4 m.
- KBCRC0035: 5 m at 1.38 g/t from 28 m.
- KBCRC0059: 3 m at 1.96 g/t from 60 m.
Dan Betts, CEO of Hummingbird Resources, commented: “Today’s announcement marks the completion of our 2021 Yanfolila exploration programme of approximately 48 000 m. We are still awaiting on further assays from our 2021 Kouroussa drilling campaign of approximately 24 000 m, which we will release findings on once received and analysed, which we expect to be completed this quarter.
“Overall the drill programme has demonstrated the significant upside to extend the life of mine at Yanfolila on existing known deposits, coupled with upside from our greenfield deposits still only in their infancy. The results from the SE drilling are particularly encouraging, shoring up our confidence that SE will be a key future minable deposit at Yanfolila for the years ahead. This all is a positive step as we move towards our strategic goal of achieving a +10-year reserve mine life at Yanfolila.”
Noris Del Bel Belluz, Group Technical Services Manager of Hummingbird Resources, added: “As we round out receiving and analysing assay data from our extensive 2021 drilling campaign, the key focus for the geology team is to incorporate these into the company’s updated 2022 resources and reserves databases so as to provide valuable data to be used in our future mine plans at both Yanfolila and Kouroussa.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/09022022/hummingbird-resources-provides-yanfolila-drilling-update/
You might also like
Kazera Global publishes interim results
The results include the disposal of African Tantalum for cash consideration of US$13 million and the welcoming of new major shareholder, African Mineral Sands.