Bastion provides Capote exploration update
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Bastion Minerals Ltd has provided an update on its on-going exploration programme and the completion of detailed geophysical activities within the Capote Mining District and surrounding vein systems in the mineral rich Atacama Region of Chile.
- Detailed 360-line-km of 25 m spaced ground magnetics acquired over the San Juan Gold Mine and surrounding vein systems.
- The modelling shows potential extensions to high-grade surface gold at Capote and the San Juan Gold vein which produced approximately 0.5 million oz at 40 g/t.
- 3D magnetic inversions are mapping the sub-surface distribution of mineralised veins at depth of up to 400 m highlighting sub-surface extensions.
- 50-line-km of induced polarisation (IP) and 50-line-km of Audio Magnetotellutics (AMT) data currently being acquired.
- IP data acquisition expected to be complete mid-December.
- The combined 3D magnetic and IP data will define final drill targets for Capote.
- Maiden 5000 metre drilling campaign to commence in early 2022.
Bastion’s Executive Chairman, Ross Landles, commented: “We are extremely excited with the 3D magnetic inversion data produced from the Capote Mining District. This data clearly indicates the high-grade gold surface mineralisation and shows us how the veins hosting these extend to depth and along strike. When we combine these models with the IP and AMT data, we will have an exceptional dataset to allow for a targeted drill programme at Capote.”
“Since consolidation of the Capote Mining District, environmental permits have required amendments to reflect the larger landholding to allow exploration drilling to commence. We are now advanced in the process and expect approvals will be provided in December and drilling to commence in early 2022.”
The final preparation stages of the company’s maiden drilling pro-gramme are currently underway. Drilling is aimed at expanding gold mineralisation around the known historical deposits at Yayito and Resurgimento veins and testing several new greenfield target areas. The company will undertake an approximately 5000-m diamond drilling programme, with a focus on testing the shallow surface expression of multiple vein systems where high-grade gold has been returned from recent rock-chip campaigns. Drill hole locations are being designed and regulatory and environmental approvals process will commence in December.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/07122021/bastion-provides-capote-exploration-update/
You might also like
Kazera Global publishes interim results
The results include the disposal of African Tantalum for cash consideration of US$13 million and the welcoming of new major shareholder, African Mineral Sands.