IronRidge Resources commences drilling at Kineta Au Project
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
IronRidge Resources Ltd, an African focused minerals exploration company, has commenced drilling at the Kineta North gold license in north-eastern Côte d'Ivoire, West Africa.
- 2500 m exploration reverse circulation (RC) drilling programme commenced at the Kineta North gold license in Côte d'Ivoire.
- Drilling is designed to test the Kineta North target where previously reported soils defined a 2 km long by 250 m wide >30 ppb gold (Au) soil anomaly with coincident underground artisanal workings over a 700 m strike and previously reported rock-chip sampling results including 15 g/t, 32.4 g/t and 46.4 g/t Au (refer RNS of 30 July 2018).
- Drilling to test below previously reported trenching intersections where multiple gold intersections were reported, including 2 m at 4.04 g/t Au and 6 m at 0.24 g/t Au (refer RNS of 1 July 2019).
- Visible gold observed in quartz vein RC drill chips in first hole completed; assays pending.
- Drilling programme estimated to be completed during 2Q21.
Vincent Mascolo, CEO of IronRidge, said: "We are pleased to have commenced drilling at the Kineta North gold target where previous field work has defined a coincident soils, trenching and artisanal workings target.
"Drilling is underway with visible gold observed within quartz vein RC drill chips from the first hole completed with assays pending.
"Drilling will focus on testing below a zone of surface and underground artisanal workings over a 700 m strike with rock chip sampling results including 15 g/t, 32.4 g/t and 46.4 g/t Au and trenching results including 2 m at 4.04 g/t.
"The Kineta portfolio covers a contiguous combined surface area of 1532 km2 within the north-east of Côte d'Ivoire and along the same shear structure that hosts the 3.3 million oz Konkera resource and 2.1 million oz Wa-Lawra resource."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/07042021/ironridge-resources-commences-drilling-at-kineta-au-project/
You might also like
NextSource Materials commissions Molo Graphite Mine
NextSource Materials has commissioned its Molo Graphite Mine in Madagascar, and installation of the solar and battery facility for the hybrid power plant is in progress.