Altus Strategies Plc has announced encouraging initial results from the ongoing 10 000 m reverse circulation (RC) drilling programme at its 100% owned Diba gold project located in western Mali. Diba hosts a shallow-dipping near-surface gold deposit (the Diba deposit) and several other prospect areas.
- Initial results from 10 000 m RC drilling programme at Diba gold project in western Mali.
- Intersections from Diba Deposit include:
- 3.34 g/t gold (Au) over 60 m from 17 m (including 13.60 g/t Au over 9 m).
- 4.48 g/t Au over 15 m from 22 m (including 7.18 g/t Au over 9 m).
- 22.11 g/t Au over 6 m from 89 m.
- 2.51 g/t Au over 12 m from 3 m (including 3.32 g/t Au over 7 m).
- Two new zones discovered at the Diba NW prospect, 800 m northwest of Diba deposit.
- A Mineral resource estimate (MRE) for the Diba deposit comprises:
- 4 834 000 t at 1.39 g/t Au for 217 000 oz in the indicated category.
- 5 479 000 t at 1.06 g/t Au for 187 000 oz in the inferred category.
- Further assay results from the balance of the drilling programme anticipated shortly.
- Follow up drilling planned for 2Q21 to include currently undrilled prospects.
- Diba is strategically located in a world-famous gold belt that hosts numerous opencast mines.
Steven Poulton, Chief Executive of Altus, commented: "We are delighted to report on the excellent results returned from the ongoing 10 000 m RC drilling programme at the Diba gold project in Western Mali, including 3.34 g/t Au over 60 m from 17 m downhole from within the Diba deposit. Separately we are highly encouraged by intercepts outside the margins of the current MRE envelope, indicating along strike and down-dip continuation, including 4.48 g/t Au over 15 m from 22 m on its western side and 22.11 g/t Au over 6 m from 89 m on its eastern side.
"The current drilling programme is also testing satellite prospects to the main Diba deposit. Initial results received from the Diba NW prospect indicate the discovery of two potentially significant, shallow-dipping and consistent zones of mineralisation totalling approximately 750 m in strike length with intersections including 0.87 g/t Au over 21 m from 79 m.
"A number of priority prospects have not been tested in the current programme and we anticipate that these will be drilled in a follow-up programme, once physical access to the drill rig is complete. In the meantime, we look forward to updating shareholders on further assay results from the current programme as they are received."
Diba Project: drilling programme
The RC drilling programme is currently being undertaken by Capital Drilling Ltd and once complete will comprise approximately 110 holes totalling approximately 10 000 m. Approximately 4800 m (over 52 holes) is being drilled in and around that part of the Diba deposit subject to the MRE, testing the potential down dip and along strike extensions, as well as infilling areas to increase the resource confidence. Approximately 5200 m is being drilled to test up to five priority prospects each located within 3 km of the Diba deposit.
The programme was designed to:
- Test potential extension of that part of the Diba deposit subject to the MRE along strike and down dip.
- Increase the resource confidence of the MRE including the NE trending high grade zone.
- Test the potential for mineralisation at five surrounding prospects within 3 km of that part of the Diba deposit subject to the MRE.
- Provide QAQC support for the Diba deposit model.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/07012021/altus-strategies-announces-diba-project-initial-results/