Redstar Gold Corp. has announced results from its mid-2017 exploration programme, at the Unga Gold Project in Alaska.
The final assay has been compiled, which is based on approximately 600 soil samples, the completion of a 15.5 km MAG and 8.7 km IP geophysical survey, as well as a twelve drill hole programme totalling 2 287.8 m of HQ and NQ diamond drilling.
Redstar went on to state that this exploration programme was focused on testing and reviewing the geological model over a distance of 400 m southwest of the known Shumagin gold zone. This zone currently strikes over approximately 950 m, of which the company has yet to explore outside of. Redstar is hopeful that its activities here will provide useful drill information, leading to improved geological models and a deeper understanding of the kind of mineralisation here.
Redstar has cited a list of highlights from the programme, which reads:
- Drilling intersected the targeted Shumagin-style breccia structure in 10 out of 12 drill holes.
- Visible gold-bearing stockwork encountered in drill hole 17SH032 is identical to gold-bearing stockwork intercepted in drill holes 16SH019 (370m to the NE) and 11SH010 (750m to the NE).
- Geological interpretation provides a strong indication for the potential of high-grade mineralization located at depth below the similar Shumagin structure identified in multiple holes within the SW Extension Zone.
- The Shumagin Gold Zone has been expanded by drilling approximately 400m towards the southwest for a total of approximately 1 350m of strike length and remains open.
- 17SH034 intersected 2.2m @ 9.9 g/t gold & 29.3 g/t silver
- 17SH033 intersected 0.7m @ 5.7 g/t gold & 30.0 g/t silver
- Results from the 2017 soil sample program has identified multiple new target areas that exhibit similar geochemical signatures to the Shumagin Gold Zone (Au, Ag, Zn, Pb, Cu).
Peter A. Ball, President and CEO commented: “Preliminary drilling has extended the known strike length of Shumagin to 1,600m by intersecting the Shumagin structure in 10 out of 12 holes, encountered visible gold 370m to the southwest in hole 17SH032, and has provided a better understanding of the geological model and mineralization controls. This has provided the key information on where to focus our next drill program and efforts at Shumigan and elsewhere within the Unga Gold Project. Geological mapping and sampling towards the southwest from Shumagin indicates a very strong expansion potential along strike for an additional approximate 3 kms towards the Orange Mountain Zone, the interpreted hydrothermal center along the Shumagin Trend.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/06092017/exploration-drill-results-revealed-by-redstart-gold-corp/