Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. has announced that step-out and infill drilling at the San Jose Mine in Mexico has established continuity of high-grade mineralisation in the upper levels of the Trinidad Footwall structures. The successful drill programme was conducted from the second half of 2H20 to date, representing 4670 m of step-out and infill drilling in 22 drill holes and targeted both resource upgrades and the potential to expand the resource outside of the current area of mineral reserves. Mineralisation remains open in at least two directions, is adjacent to existing mine infrastructure, and as a result there is potential for inclusion of this material in near-term production.
David F. Volkert, Vice President of Exploration, commented: "In 2020, our exploration team at San Jose focused on re-evaluating their understanding of the structural and geological controls on mineralisation at the Trinidad Deposit with the goal of identifying new near-mine exploration targets.”
“The interception of wide and high-grade mineralisation in close proximity to current production areas at the mine reflects the structural complexity of the deposit and unveils discovery potential remaining at the San Jose Mine,” added Volkert.
Step-out drill highlights include:
- SJOM-955: 699 g/t silver (Ag) and 3.57 g/t gold (Au) over an estimated true width of 4.1 m.
- SJOM-1002: 1931 g/t Ag and 6.76 g/t Au over an estimated true width of 5.4 m.
Infill drill highlights include:
- SJOM-1014: 306 g/t Ag and 1.38 g/t Au over an estimated true width of 9.5 m.
- SJOM-1016: 760 g/t Ag and 3.24 g/t Au over an estimated true width of 3.4 m.
- SJOM-1017: 967 g/t Ag and 4.25 g/t Au over an estimated true width of 8.4 m.
- SJOM-1020: 809 g/t Ag and 2.78 g/t Au over an estimated true width of 1.4 m.
- SJOM-1021: 473 g/t Ag and 1.25 g/t Au over an estimated true width of 14.9 m.
The Brownfields exploration programme budget for 2021 at the San Jose Mine is US$10.9 million, which includes 33 800 m of diamond drilling and 1770 m of underground development for drilling access, platforms, and services. Underground exploration drilling will focus on the shallow and deep north and south extensions of the Trinidad vein system and the sub-parallel Victoria mineralised zone, while surface drilling will test two new targets to the south and north of the mine.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/05042021/fortuna-provides-intersection-from-san-jose-mine/
You might also like
Anglo American has agreed to acquire the Serra da Serpentina iron ore resource owned by Vale SA into its Minas-Rio mine in Brazil.