IronRidge Resources Ltd, an African focused minerals exploration company, has reported initial high-grade and broad low-grade drilling results from the third phase drilling programme at the Ehuasso and Ebilassokro and targets, both within the Zaranou Gold Project area. The license borders with Ghana and is along strike from significant operating gold mines including Chirano (5 million oz), Bibiani (5.5 million oz) and Ahafo (17 million oz).
- Initial reverse circulation (RC) and aircore (AC) drilling results for 4 m composites over the Ehuasso and Ebilassokro targets from the third phase drilling programme currently underway have been received, including highlights reported at a 0.1 g/t cut-off and maximum 4 m of internal dilution:
- ZARC0046: 12 m at 6.15 g/t from 108 m including 4 m at 3.5 g/t and 4 m at 14.5 g/t.
- ZARC0029: 36 m at 1.43 g/t from 36 m including 4 m at 1.1 g/t and 4 m at 7.4 g/t and 4 m at 2.7 g/t.
- ZARC0027: 28 m at 1.47 g/t from 48 m including 4 m at 8.4 g/t.
- ZARC0032: 64 m at 0.38 g/t from 0 m.
- ZARC0045: 60 m at 0.4 g/t from 44 m.
- ZARC0033: 40 m at 0.47 g/t from 48 m.
- ZAAC0572: 24 m at 0.74 g/t from 20 m including 4 m at 2.5 g/t and 4 m at 1 g/t.
- ZARC0047: 52 m at 0.32 g/t from 40 m.
- ZARC0051: 12 m at 1.3 g/t from 96 m including 4 m at 1.3 g/t and 4 m at 2.4 g/t.
- Mineralisation continuity now tested over a 550 m strike at the Ehuasso Main target at 80 m section spacing, with mineralisation open to the south-west and at open at depth; Phase 3 infill RC drilling ongoing.
- High-grade and broad low-grade intersections reported within both oxide and fresh mineralisation in drilling to date at the Ehuasso target.
- Third phase 50 000 m RC and AC drilling programme now well underway with three drill rigs active on site at the Ehuasso, Yakassé and M'basso targets.
Vincent Mascolo, CEO of IronRidge, said: "Initial results from the third phase RC infill drilling programme continue to confirm continuity along strike and at depth.
"Our early ounces strategy continues to target weathered oxide mineralisation, with initial observations suggesting it continues to average depths of 50 m and up to 90 m, indicative of simple mining and processing at low operational and capital costs.
"With only 12 km of the 47 km of identified strike having been drill tested to date, an additional 8 km strike of hard-rock artisanal workings and 27 km of soil anomalies remain untested with the potential to deliver a pipeline of further discoveries.
"The third phase 50 000 m combined AC and RC programme is now well underway with three drill rigs active on site."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/03122020/ironridge-resources-announces-initial-phase-three-drilling-results/