Hummingbird Resources provides Kouroussa drilling update
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Hummingbird Resources plc has provided an update on the company's infill drilling programme at the Kouroussa Gold Mine in Guinea, including a notable hole of 9 m at 36.35 g/t, amongst other high grade intercepts.
Kouroussa drilling highlights
Hummingbird has received further assay results on 61 reverse circulation (RC) and three diamond holes on the high-grade Koekoe (KK) deposit, delivering approximately 5567 m out of the company's approximately 24 000 m infill drilling programme for 2021. To date, and including today’s results, the company has received approximately 15 000 m of assays from the 2021 programme, with the last assays expected in March, which will be released once received and analysed.
- Notable drill results from the KK deposit include:
- KRC1856: 9 m at 36.35 g/t from 90 m.
- KRC1849: 14 m at 21.85 g/t from 55 m.
- KRC1903: 9 m at 30.58 g/t from 96 m.
- KRC1844: 4 m at 53.84 g/t from 65 m.
- KRC1839: 18 m at 7.37 g/t from 74 m.
- KRC1831: 6 m at 18.8 g/t from 57 m.
- KRC1924: 10 m at 10.26 g/t from 53 m.
- KRC1778: 5 m at 19.02 g/t from 96 m.
- KRC1857: 8 m at 9.35 g/t from 49 m.
- KRC1840: 18 m at 4.12 g/t from 46 m.
- KRC1921: 10 m at 7.34 g/t from 89 m.
- KRC1917: 7 m at 10.14 g/t from 92 m.
- KRC1844: 7 m at 9.78 g/t from 133 m.
- KRC1844: 1 m at 66.05 g/t from 93 m.
- These results and the 68 000 m drilling from the 2021 campaigns for both Kouroussa and Yanfolila will feed into the updated company 2022 resources and reserves statement that remains on target to be released in 2Q22.
- The KK deposit has a current maiden reserve of 408 900 oz at 4.38 g/t, with upside potential once all the 2021 24 000 m infill drilling data is received, analysed and included in the aforementioned updated company resources and reserves statement.
- Drill assay results continue to support the current interpretation, as well as highlighting additional mineralisation zones. The deposit remains open along strike and down plunge.
Dan Betts, CEO of Hummingbird Resources, commented: “We continue to receive very high-grade drilling data from Kouroussa, which continues to strengthen our overall knowledge base and confidence of the asset’s geology. These ongoing double-digit grade drilling results show we have an asset of significant gold endowment situated in the prolific Siguiri gold region.
“We are receiving the final results for the Kouroussa’s 2021 drilling campaign, with our geology and technical teams busy analysing the data to feed into our upcoming updated 2022 company resources and reserves statement, with the overarching strategy of extending the life of the Kouroussa mine to well over 10 years.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/03032022/hummingbird-resources-provides-kouroussa-drilling-update/
You might also like
Rainbow Rare Earths’ Phalaborwa pilot plant commences operations
The mixed rare earth sulphate solids produced by the pilot plant front end at Mintek will be shipped to the USA to undergo further downstream processing in the pilot plant back end, in order to deliver separated magnet rare earth oxides.