AVZ Minerals reports Manono drilling results
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
AVZ Minerals Ltd has reported further strong results from its site operations at the Manono Lithium and Tin Project in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Nine vertical reverse circulation holes drilled for piezometer installation around the perimeter of the Stage 3 Life of Mine opencast were sampled.
- New mineralised pegmatite intersected in five holes, three of which are significant.
- The high-grade intersection in hole MO20RCP02 resulted in the northeastern limit of the Roche Dure pegmatite being extended by about 90 m to the south east.
- The new intersection in hole MO20RCP02 is outside the current pit design, demonstrating the potential for likely extensions to the existing pit design as more information becomes available.
- The new pegmatite intersected in hole MO20RCP09 on section 7600mN and outside the current pit design was previously unknown and not mapped at the surface where there is poor to nil outcrop.
The company has received results from several new mineralised zones, currently located outside of the Life of Mine opencast design, in five of the nine piezometer holes drilled to observe water table movements during the first half of the mining operations.
AVZ’s Managing Director, Nigel Ferguson, said: “These unexpected results confirm the excellent prospects of extending the Roche Dure opencast into the neighbouring ‘Kyoni’ pegmatite.”
“The Kyoni pegmatite is not actually a separate pegmatite to Roche Dure but is simply a local name given to the historical pit where mining previously occurred.
“It is very encouraging to note a significant and thick +2% lithia zone near the surface that can be optimised to provide a possible high-grade feedstock for start-up mining operations.
“We look forward to updating our mining optimisation study using all of the new data collected since our original definitive feasibility study (DFS) was published in April of 2020.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/03032021/avz-minerals-reports-manono-drilling-results/
You might also like
Kazera Global publishes interim results
The results include the disposal of African Tantalum for cash consideration of US$13 million and the welcoming of new major shareholder, African Mineral Sands.