Pan Asia Metals provides Reung Kiet Lithium Prospect drilling update
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Pan Asia Metals Ltd (PAM) has reported positive assay results for 13 diamond core holes so far completed at the Bang I Tum and Reung Kiet lithium prospects in southern Thailand.
- PAM has received assay results for 13 diamond core holes completed at the Reung Kiet Lithium Project in southern Thailand.
- Extensive pegmatite dyke-vein swarms contain lithium mineralisation associated with lepidolite (lithium mica).
- Dyke-vein swarms up to 100 m wide containing pegmatites from 0.1 – 10 m wide downhole.
- Results include:
- BTDD005: 11.3 m at -.74% lithium oxide (Li2O) from 19.2 m.
- BTDD006: 10.7 m at 0.98% Li2O from 81.8 m.
- RKDD007: 13 m at 0.72% Li2O from 49.5 m.
- RKDD008: 4.2 m at 1.3% Li2O from 31.9 m.
- RKDD009: 6 m at 1.08% Li2O from 38.5 m.
- RKDD009: 4.5 m at Li2O from 47.6 m.
- Tin and tantalum mineralisation occur in association with lithium, as well as rubidium and cesium, all potentially valuable by-products.
- Results warrant the addition of a second drilling shift to accelerate anticipated delivery of the mineral resource.
- Mineral resources and exploration targets anticipated in 2H21.
PM Managing Director, Paul Lock, said: “We are pleased with the drilling results, the intersection widths and lithium grades at both prospects, which position the company well, warranting the required investment to drill out a JORC mineral resource. We will be moving to a double drilling shift to expedite this process.
“Using the global peer group of lithium projects as a guide, lepidolite is the only style of lithium mineralisation with an extensive suite of by-products. Peer group studies indicate that these by-products can reduce the overall cost of lithium carbonate or lithium hydroxide manufacturing, so much so that they can place lepidolite style projects at the bottom of the operating cost curve. This is PAM’s objective, to identify and develop projects which have the potential to be placed at or near the bottom of the cost curve and which provide PAM with the option to move past the mine gate and value add. The drilling results at Reung Kiet suggest such goals are realistic.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/02072021/pan-asia-metals-provides-reung-kiet-lithium-prospect-drilling-update/
You might also like
MCB Project receives Environmental Compliance Certificate
The issuance of the ECC is a vitally important step towards obtaining a Mineral Production Sharing Agreement with the Philippine National Government.