Altus Strategies announces Tabakorole Project drilling results
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
Altus Strategies Plc has announced broad and high-grade intersections from reverse circulation (RC) drilling at the Tabakorole gold project located in southern Mali. Altus holds a 49% equity interest and 2.5% net smelter return (NSR) royalty on the project. Exploration activities at Tabakorole are being funded by Marvel Gold Ltd under its joint venture (JV) with Altus.
- Excellent gold intersections from drilling at Tabakorole project in southern Mali.
- Intersections from 3 further holes received, including (down-the-hole and not true width):
- 0.94 g/t over 89 m from 18 m, including 2.13 g/t over 12 m and 1.94 g/t over 18 m.
- 0.65 g/t over 96 m from 56 m, including 1.84 g/t over 22 m.
- Results from remaining 28 holes (3903 m) of 6300 m RC programme expected shortly.
- Drilling being undertaken to test potential to increase mineral resource estimate.
- Altus holds a 2.5% NSR royalty on Tabakorole gold production.
Steven Poulton, Chief Executive of Altus, commented: "These are very encouraging drilling results from the Tabakorole gold project in southern Mali. Tabakorole hosts a significant gold resource, which is open along strike in both directions as well as at depth. These holes are expected to improve the modelled mineralised grades and widths in a portion of the orebody, which had previously only been sparsely drilled. Importantly, the mineralisation encountered is also near surface, which will assist with any potential opencast mining scenario.
"The drilling programme at Tabakorole is designed to test the potential for expanding the current mineral resource along strike and at depth. Results from a further 28 RC drill holes (3903 m) are anticipated shortly. In the meantime, our JV partner on the project, ASX-listed Marvel Gold, is undertaking a further diamond drilling programme in the southeast of the deposit and will be following up with an aircore programme to test potential strike extensions. We look forward to updating shareholders once the final results from the current programme are received."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/02032021/altus-strategies-announces-tabakorole-project-drilling-results/
You might also like
Rainbow Rare Earths’ Phalaborwa pilot plant commences operations
The mixed rare earth sulphate solids produced by the pilot plant front end at Mintek will be shipped to the USA to undergo further downstream processing in the pilot plant back end, in order to deliver separated magnet rare earth oxides.