Lexington Gold, a gold exploration and development company with projects in North and South Carolina, USA, has announced that its maiden drilling programme at the Carolina Belle Project has now been completed, and the drill rig moved to the Jones-Keystone-Loflin Project (JKL). The reverse circulation (RC) drilling programme at Carolina Belle forms part of the company's larger ongoing 5000 m RC drilling programme.
- A total of 32 drill holes for an aggregate of 2630 m were drilled at Carolina Belle.
- Includes two additional drill holes at Carolina Belle than originally envisaged due to highly encouraging visible observations from the RC drill chips.
- Detailed logging and sampling of all the holes has been completed and several intersections containing quartz veining, sulfides and alteration were noted.
- A total of 738 samples comprising of 4 m sample composites as well as standards, blanks and duplicates have been dispatched to SGS Canada's (SGS) Vancouver based laboratory for gold assaying, as well as whole-rock geochemistry analyses.
- No amended timeline has been received from SGS for the first batch of samples previously submitted such that initial assay results are still expected to be received between mid-December 2021 and mid-January 2022.
Bernard Olivier, Lexington Gold's CEO, commented: “We are delighted to have successfully completed our maiden drilling programme at Carolina Belle and are very pleased with the initial visual indicators. Drilling intersected various quartz and alteration zones and showed good levels of geological continuity and consistency. Based on these findings, we decided to drill two additional holes at Carolina Belle both of which also intersected the targeted zones.
“We eagerly await the assay results from the completed drilling programme at Carolina Belle and look forward to further updating the market on progress at JKL in due course where the rig has been moved and drilling has commenced on the Loflin side.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/01122021/lexington-gold-completes-drilling-at-carolina-belle-project/