Elevation Gold Mining Corp. has provided an update on the company’s multi-phase infill and resource expansion drilling programme at the Moss Mine in northwestern Arizona. Results discussed include those from infill drilling below and to the east of the active East Pit.
Michael G. Allen, President of Elevation Gold, stated: “The East Pit continues to show excellent grades over good thicknesses, below and along strike of the existing operation, as well as in areas between pits that had previously been modelled as waste. The deposit remains open along strike and down dip, highlighting the potential to expand resources at the Moss Mine.”
Recent Moss Mine drilling highlights
Drilling beneath the eastern edge of the East Pit intersected stockwork and vein-hosted epithermal gold-silver mineralisation down to depths of between 55 m and 205 m below the current mining surface and up to 130 m along strike to the east of the active East Pit.
- Drillhole AR-544R intersected 3.05 m grading 5.04 g/t gold (Au) and 15.80 g/t silver (Ag) in the Ruth Vein approximately 145 m below the current surface and approximately 130 m east of the East Pit.
- Drillhole AR21-457C intersected 31.06 m grading 0.51 g/t Au and 3.46 g/t Ag, including 9.36 m grading 1.01 g/t Au and 7.03 g/t Ag in the Moss Vein approximately 140 m below the base of the East Pit.
- Drillhole AR21-546R intersected 80.77 m grading 0.87 g/t Au and 9.56 g/t Ag, including 4.57 m grading 9.65 g/t Au and 64.53 g/t Ag in stockwork mineralisation from a depth of 100 m below the eastern edge of the East Pit.
- Drillhole AR21-475C intersected 29.29 m grading 1.9 g/t Au and 17.05 g/t Ag, including 14.11 m grading 3.69 g/t Au and 33.37 g.t Ag and 1.62 m grading 27.3 g/t Au and 202 g/t Ag in the Ruth Vein; and 1.58 m grading 6.38 g/t Au and 70.4 g/t Ag in the Moss Vein at depths of between 125 m and 200 m beneath the East Pit.
- Note that the drillhole was oriented almost parallel to the Ruth Vein while targeting the Moss Vein at depth. The Ruth Vein intercept in hole AR21-475C should not be considered indicative of the true thickness of mineralisation. However, it does show that elevated gold and silver mineralisation is present in the Ruth Vein in this part of the deposit.
Elevated gold and silver grades were intersected in the Ruth and Moss Veins and associated hanging wall stockwork down to depths of between 80 m and 345 m below the current highwall crest between the Center and East Pits:
- Drillhole AR21-378C intersected 22.28 m grading 1.18 g/t Au and 11.81 g/t Ag, including 4.21 m grading 4.98 g/t Au and 49.4 g/t Ag in the Ruth Vein, and 16.76 m grading 1.01 g/t Au and 15.24 g/t Ag, including 4.57 m grading 3.2 g/t Au and 47.62 g/t Ag in the Moss Vein.
Warwick S. Board, Vice President, Exploration of Elevation Gold, commented: “The ongoing infill and resource expansion drilling beneath and to the east of the active Moss Mine continues to indicate that the broader epithermal vein and stockwork mineralization system is open at depth and along strike to the east. We look forward to reporting the results of additional systematic drill testing of the Ruth, Moss, and associated stockwork veining in this part of the deposit during the 2022 exploration programme.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/01042022/elevation-gold-provides-moss-mine-drilling-update/
You might also like
Komatsu has announced it will offer Smart Construction’s 3D Machine Guidance Kit as a simple and flexible technological enhancement for a broad range of standard Komatsu machines.