Greatland Gold, a precious and base metals exploration and development company, has announced the first results from Newcrest’s drilling campaign at Greatland’s 100% owned Havieron licence in the Paterson region of Western Australia. In addition, Greatland is pleased to announce that a third rig has commenced operation at Havieron and a fourth rig is expected to arrive at site in August.
Highlights of results from Newcrest’s drilling campaign at Havieron:
- Results confirm high-grade gold-copper mineralisation, broaden mineralised extents defined by prior drilling and extend the depth of observed mineralisation at Havieron.
- Two rigs were operational with one existing drill hole extended (HAD006) and two new holes completed (HAD010 and HAD011) for a total of 2800 m of drilling.
- HAD006: Newcrest extended Greatland’s hole HAD006 from 838 m to 1216 m, the deepest on the project to date, and successfully identified high-grade mineralisation at depth, with mineralisation now observed over 700 m in vertical extent, assay results include:
12 m @ 3.1 g/t Au and 0.08% Cu from 1071 m.
52 m @ 7.0 g/t Au and 0.17% Cu from 1122 m, including 17 m @ 21 g/t Au and 0.39% Cu from 1153 m.
- HAD011: Hole HAD011 extended the known mineralised breccia and confirmed that copper grades are increasing with depth, with local values up to 2.3% Cu, assays results include:
39 m @ 1.1 g/t Au and 0.82% Cu from 754 m and 14 m @ 2.9 g/t Au and 1.1% Cu from 779 m.
48 m @ 0.59 g/t Au and 0.90% Cu from 838 m.
- HAD010: Hole HAD010 traversed over the top of the mineralised zone in the cover sequence and did not intersect significant mineralisation.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/environment-sustainability/26072019/first-results-from-newcrests-drilling-campaign-at-havieron/