Lexington Gold provides Jones-Keynstone project update
Published by Joe Toft,
Global Mining Review,
- 155% increase in contained gold for the combined JKL project comprising:
- Total inferred resource of 6 976 000 t @ 0.94 g/t Au for 210 800 oz of contained gold.
- Maiden independent JORC (2012) mineral resource estimate for the Jones-Keystone deposit:
- Total inferred resource of 4 380 000 t @ 0.91 g/t Au for 128 000 oz of contained gold.
- Potential for mineralisation at Jones-Keystone remains open down-dip, to the north-east as well as to the south-west.
- Potential for further increase in resources at Jones-Keystone as well as Loflin and Loflin South through additional drilling.
- 3D Geological modelling and drilling delineated a NE-SW shallow plunging fold structure that probably controls gold mineralisation.
Bernard Olivier, CEO of Lexington Gold, commented:
"We are pleased to announce that this maiden JORC resource estimation of 128 000 oz gold for Jones-Keystone, which forms part of our JKL project, has surpassed our expectations. When combined with the existing JORC resource for Loflin, it takes the total JORC mineral resource estimate for the JKL project to over 210 000 oz gold, which is a significant achievement for Lexington Gold.
"As previously reported, the JKL project exhibits significant shallow mineralisation with grades of up to approximately 10 g/t gold achieved as well as multiple intersections of 20 m+ mineable widths, including 34 m at an average grade of 1.75 g/t gold. The mineralisation at both Jones-Keystone and Loflin remains open down-dip and along strike with the potential to further increase the resources via additional drilling."
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/14112022/lexington-gold-provides-jones-keynstone-project-update/
You might also like
Komatsu’s GHG alliance members join to learn about zero-emissions progress
The GHG Alliance was created to bring together mining industry leaders to work toward a shared goal of delivering zero-emissions equipment solutions.