The directors of Thor Mining Plc have advised of further significant copper and gold intercepts from the recently completed initial diamond drilling programme at the Alford East Copper-Gold Project, South Australia.
- An exceptional high grade copper intercept over a wide interval:
- 21AED005: 72.7 m at 1% copper (Cu) and 0.19 g/t gold (Au) from 6.3 m, including 18.2 m at 2% Cu and 0.34 g/t Au from 15.8 m.
- As announced previously, other significant copper-gold intercepts include:
- 21AED001: 32.9 m at 0.4% Cu and 0.31 g/t Au from 81.5 m, and 5 m at 0.5% Cu and 1.02 g/t Au from 102 m.
- 21AED002: 59.9 m at 0.31% Cu from 21.9 m.
- Significant pXRF copper readings (to be confirmed by laboratory as-says) including:
- 21AED004: 50 m at 0.45% Cu from 6 m (pXRF).
- Remaining assays expected over the coming weeks.
Nicole Galloway Warland, Managing Director of Thor Mining, commented: “The newly discovered broad zone of high copper and gold grades from near surface in 21AED005, combined with the significant intercepts in 21AED001 and 21AED002 takes this oxide mineralised system to a new level, reporting values well above the mineral resource estimate grades.
“The confirmed uplift in copper and gold grades along the controlling NNE structure continues to excite and exceed the directors of Thor expectations. We look forward to testing this structure in areas open along strike, to the north and south.
“Pump testing scheduled for start of September will further advance the in-situ recovery (ISR) 'proof of concept' hydrometallurgical assessment. Exciting times ahead as we await final assay results from this drilling campaign and commence the ISR for copper and gold baseline studies.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/31082021/thor-mining-announces-alford-east-drill-results/