MCA report showcases minerals industry’s ESG practices
Published by Jessica Casey,
Global Mining Review,
The Mineral Council of Australia’s (MCA) recently released ‘ESG: Change for the Better’ report demonstrates the minerals industry is not only a leader in innovative, efficient mining and minerals processing, but also in environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance practice.
The Australian industry is committed to operating in a way that is safe, ethical and responsible and aligned with community values. Australian industry expertise has long been recognised and exported around the world.
In line with the industry’s commitment to continual improvement, MCA member companies are adopting the Towards Sustainable Mining sustainability system which will drive further improvement and accountability in site-level ESG management.
The 44-page report includes case studies from a broad range of MCA member companies. These provide an insight into the ongoing commitment, investment and innovation that is occurring across the sector.
Report highlights include:
- Initiatives underway to support climate action, water stewardship and biodiversity.
- Partnerships with First Nations and regional communities to support enduring outcomes.
- Programmes to support diverse, inclusive and respectful workplaces.
- Good governance standards and practices that underpin the industry’s sustainability performance.
- Regardless of size or commodity, Australia’s mining companies are translating ESG commitments into action.
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/environment-sustainability/18112021/mca-report-showcases-minerals-industrys-esg-practices/
You might also like
MCB Project receives Environmental Compliance Certificate
The issuance of the ECC is a vitally important step towards obtaining a Mineral Production Sharing Agreement with the Philippine National Government.