Aya Gold & Silver Inc. has been granted seven new exploration permits by Morocco’s Ministry of Energy, Mines and Environment, increasing its total land position by 40% within its Zgounder Regional and Azegour area properties.
The additions form part of Aya’s strategy to consolidate its land position within the highly prospective Anti-Atlas region in the Kingdom of Morocco.
Zgounder permit highlights:
- Grant of five permits within the prolific Zgounder Regional area, increasing Aya’s exploration land holdings from 112 km2 to 168 km2.
- The new permits are located in a known copper-gold-silver-bearing area.
Azegour permit highlights:
- Grant of two permits in the Azegour area covering a total of 29 km2.
- Both properties lie directly adjacent to the Azegour mining permit.
- The new permits are located adjacent to the Azegour granite intrusion, and host historical copper, lead, and zinc occurrences.
- Mining permits and exploration land holdings in the Azegour area now total 129 km2.
Benoit La Salle, President & CEO, comments:
“We are excited to be adding these seven new permits, which materially increase our land holdings adjacent to existing mapped development projects and strengthen our mining commitment in Morocco. These acquisitions enable us to leverage our existing regional knowledge and infrastructure to identify potential geological showings that can ultimately be drilled up to grow our resource base and enhance shareholder value for all stakeholders. Exploration on the permits is scheduled to begin in the coming months.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/mining/01072021/aya-gold-silver-granted-seven-new-exploration-permits-in-morocco/