Bastion Minerals Ltd has provide an update on its ongoing exploration programme within the Cometa Copper Project, located in western Chile. The exploration programme, including detailed geochemistry and geological mapping, continues to define numerous large-scale copper-gold drill targets.
- 103 new rock-chip samples taken across multiple targets.
- Copper assays up to 4.1% copper (Cu).
- Gold assays up to 9.4 g/t gold (Au).
- Silver assays up to 30.7g/t silver (Ag).
- Systematic exploration activities over the past 12 months at Cometa have defined six large scale copper-gold-silver targets.
- Perseus Prospect (iron oxide Cu-Au):
- Previous assays to 2.53% Cu and 100 g/t Ag.
- Orion Prospect (Cu-Au-Ag porphyry):
- Previous assays to 4.42% Cu, 8.14 g/t Au and 48.5 g/t Ag.
- Aldebaran Prospect (iron oxide Cu-Au):
- Previous assays to 1.67% Cu and 109 g/t Ag.
- Centauro Prospect (Cu-Au-Ag porphyry):
- Previous assays to 3.08% Cu, 4.62 g/t Au and 16.6 g/t Ag.
- Venus Prospect (Cu-Ag porphyry):
- Previous assays to 4.07% Cu and 27.4 g/t Ag.
- Scorpion Prospect (Cu-Au-Ag porphyry):
- Previous assays to 3.27% Cu, 0.75g/t Au and 85.2g/t Ag.
Bastion’s Executive Chairman, Ross Landles, commented: “As we progress towards our maiden drill programme at the Capote Gold Project, our geologists have been busy advancing an impressive number of copper and precious metal drill targets at our Cometa Copper Project.
“At Cometa, we have established a significant landholding with exploration and mining licenses covering approximately 56 km2 with year-round access for exploration in the world’s most prolific copper province.
“The Cometa Copper Project is situated approximately 10 km south and along strike from Hot Chili’s Cortadera Project, so we know this is an incredibly prospective and fertile mineral belt to be situated within. The forward work plan at the Cometa Copper Project gives the company exposure to a metal with a robust supply-demand thematic, driven by the global transition to a green economy.
“Moving forward, Bastion’s immediate corporate and strategic focus will be on the high-grade Capote Gold Project, where we expect drilling to commence in May 2022.”
Read the article online at: https://www.globalminingreview.com/exploration-development/18042022/bastion-minerals-provides-cometa-copper-exploration-update/
You might also like
Flender has received the Supplier Excellence Recognition Award from Caterpillar.